Hoodliner done!

Corrado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey just thanking those who gave me the size of the Viper hoodliner I asked for a while back. Finished painting the hoodliner. The owner has a 2004 Viper Mamba AND a Corvette Grand Sport, the best of both worlds!

Here are the hoodliners I did for him, thought you might enjoy seeing them.

Attachments

• Viper HL Open Hood.jpg
    Viper HL Open Hood.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 209
  • Malclolm's cars open hoods.jpg
    Malclolm's cars open hoods.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 208

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks.

Haha, why would it be a dolphin?

If I remember right, a while back there was a Viper picture going around that had a custom paint job with Dolphins on it. You could probably do a search or even an Internet search... However, beware as you may puke.

OP
OP
C

Corrado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen a black Lamborghini Diablo a few years back with dolphin custom painted on it, then again it was done by Christian Riesse Lassen, a World class marine life painter who lives in Hawaii and think it's his own car. Wouldn't be my first choice to paint on my own car, but to each his own, it would be boring if we all drove the same exact cars.

I will check around to see if I can find the Dolphin Viper. I just paint what my customers request and happily I almost always get to do cool stuff that I enjoy painting.

OP
OP
C

Corrado

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes sir Fatboy, it's airbrushed. I mostly paint large wall murals, but I've painted over 30 hoodliners for my Vette buddies, Camaros, Skys, this was my first Viper hoodliner.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that guy might be the same guy who did the dolphin painted on the hood. it cost something like 100K to do it...

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that guy might be the same guy who did the dolphin painted on the hood. it cost something like 100K to do it...

Lassen. It is. World famous. :rolleyes: Well, I gotta admit I never heard of him before until he destroyed that Viper. Now I guess he's destroyed a Lambo too?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, there's a Lambo with dolphins on it too. It's in the midwest somewhere, I saw it at the Italian Gathering the last couple of years.

I'm not a big fan of the dolphin cars, but I am a fan of Lassen.

Btw, the hood pads look cool :2tu:

Last edited:

canadian venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beside the dolphins I think that viper is kind of cool....I prefer the original look though....

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your present "snake" hood pad is certainly different. How about putting the words Viper SRT10 on either side of the snake head. Might help it look more complete imo.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awsome paint work sir.!!

Very nice IMO. You have good skill and a good eye it seems. As for viper... (Well, the dolphin stuff came out already).. I'm not much for it either but as you said; to each, their own.

Keep up the good work..

BlueRush2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great job, I like it. It's agressive and in-your-face like Vipers should be. As my 10 year old daughter would say, "You've got mad skills!"

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is done very well. What could be more appropriate for a Mamba than a Mamba?
It is one of the most wicked looking snakes on the planet. Great job!
The "Jake" on the Corvette is well done also, but, skulls and such don't do a great deal for me.
Overall, it's a job well done.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang