Hoosier R6 (DOT approved) in 345x30x19 now available

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our car came with a brand new set of this size mounted. I put the Pilot Sports back on for the 500 mile ride home.

Not sure if I'm going to keep them or not. I don't drag race, but they do look good on there. One concern is that every time you mount or dismount them you risk some damage to the wheels. Half shafts would be a problem as well with 570+ pounds of Torque at 2600 RPM.

This is the disclaimer at the bottom of the description

WARNING: DOT labeled Hoosier Racing Tires meet Department of Transportation requirements for marking and performance only and are NOT INTENDED FOR HIGHWAY USE. It is unsafe to operate any Hoosier Racing Tire including DOT tires on public roads. The prohibited use of Hoosier Racing Tires on public roadways may result in loss of traction, unexpected loss of vehicle control, or sudden loss of tire pressure, resulting in a vehicle crash and possibly injury or death.

Steve

03gobluecobra

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that disclaimer is just similar to what you would get for ET streets. Just don't drive them in the rain and you should be fine.

OP
OP
V

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think that disclaimer is just similar to what you would get for ET streets. Just don't drive them in the rain and you should be fine.

I have heard of a number of people that run these on the street. Not the best choice for a street tire (wear rapidly, puncture easily and **** in the rain), but they will work. Michelin Sport Cups are better for if you are looking for a tire that will work on both street and track, but they are not available in stock Viper size. Hoozier is the first company to offer an R-compound DOT in stock rear size.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Old news.

These may be good for track days when combined with a set of Copperhead wheels - check with Parts Rack.

Kumhos are much better on the street than cups.

OP
OP
V

valentine_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Old news.

These may be good for track days when combined with a set of Copperhead wheels - check with Parts Rack.

Kumhos are much better on the street than cups.

How do the Kumos compare on durability? I have been running the Sport Cups for a little while now and so far I love them. Great traction (even when they're cool) and ride smoother than stock. I haven't driven on them yet in really cold weather, so I'll have to see how they do when the temps drop.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Qdog