Hoosiers R6 on the street?

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get feedback on using the Hoosiers R6 on the street. What kind mileage do you get out of it? My usage is for highway pulls and roll racing, no burnouts or light to light racing lol.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a good idea at all. They have basically no puncture resistance and unless you never drive your car, they're going to get heat cycled and loose grip very fast. Most serious racers get rid of them after less than 10 heat cycles. I'll use them for track days up to 35-40 cycles before the grip is completely gone. Considering every time you drove your car would be a heat cycle, you'd be out of grip before you were out of tread. Consider you take the Viper to dinner and back. That's 2 heat cycles right there.

They are also NOT street legal. They say DOT on them, but I don't know why, because they also say NOT STREET LEGAL on them.

Get some drag radials for what you're looking to do.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wanted to get feedback on using the Hoosiers R6 on the street. What kind mileage do you get out of it? My usage is for highway pulls and roll racing, no burnouts or light to light racing lol.

That's what I use on my TT for " high speed acceleration comparisons"....:dunno:
For digs, I use DRs...

The key is to make sure you build heat in them. Make sure you drive for a period of time to warm up before you need them.
The more you use them, the longer it takes to warm them up.
That's why I will use A6s at airport races. You don't get a chance to warm up the tires...

As far as tire mileage, I don't know...?
Tire mileage is kinda' like gas mileage. I fill it with gas when it needs it, I do the same for tires.

Like TOW DAWG said, there are several issues to be aware of. Just be careful...

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A6's pick up and throw TONS of gravel and debris onto your car and the poor bastard behind you...but why wouldn't you run ACR Cup tires? They have pretty much the same R rubber as the R6 and you get some tread for rain or damp conditions..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456