Horsepower Challenge - Viper vs. Corvette, Sep 20, 08

Chris23120

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great #'s Bernie. Any idea what kind of gift we should bring?? What time are you guys getting up there. I'm going to trailer mine, since i am leaving from there to go to the OCC event in NY, and i don't feel like having to wake up to detail the Viper on Sunday. But since i work a few blocks down from the hospital i will probably work a little in the morning and i was thinking about heading over around 10:30.

Chris

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got some cheap things from Target that ran the range of 3+ to a little older (mostly car related...even found a cool Viper toy to pass along). I'll probably get there early to help Howard out...like 9a or so.

VAViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate that I have to miss this event, but the car just isn't running right. Catch you next time. Be sure to post some pics..

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whip some Vette butt guys, sorry I cannot be there. To many loose ends to tie up before the move to AL.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks to all who attended. We had a great event for the Children’s Miracle Network. They were still totaling the donations when I left so I don’t know the total amount that was donated.

We had 17 Vipers with a total of 10,532 HP. The Corvette Club of Richmond had 48 Corvettes with a total of 18,764 HP so we were 8,200 HP short this year. We could have beat them if we had only 6 more twin turbo Vipers like Dan Elliot’s 2006 Viper.

Dan Elliot’s Viper took home the “King of the Hill” trophy with 1223 HP. His dyno sheet was for the “low” boost setting. If his high boost dyno sheet been available he would have gotten credit for about 1500 HP.

The winners for the judged portion of the event were:
  • Mike Sitten’s 2004 SRT10 – first place
  • Chris Lakner 2000 GTS – second place
  • Perry Allen 2008 ACR – third place

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard, I had a great time! The trophy looks good on my mantle! Can't wait for next year, maybe I'll get another one to match!

Thanks again for putting on such a great event. I'll post pics soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187