Hot -- 911! ORECA Le Mans & Driving School!

DCR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
** This was mailed to ALL U.S. Viper owners last Friday, but because time is very short, I wanted to give the Board a huge heads-up. This was also eMailed to all VCA Presidents today. Look it over ASAP and call Viper HQ if you have any hope of attending. Driving ORECA's Vipers on ORECA's test track -- AND then going to Le Mans? I wish I could go. Canadian and International must phone in order to register!

FYi & review!

// DCR SENDS //

== == ==

2001 ORECA CHALLENGE

Dear Viper Owner:

Are you ready to take the best ORECA Challenge ever -- and attend ORECA's own race driving school? Come and drive my racing Vipers on my home test track, along with Olivier Beretta and several other well-known Dodge drivers.

In the past few years, only a few Viper Club members have had the opportunity to attend the 24 Hours of Le Mans as an actual member of my Viper Team ORECA. But as you know, no factory Vipers are racing in 2001 -- and the all-new Chrysler-Mopar Le Mans Prototype (LMP) is! This is your chance to join an exclusive group of fellow enthusiasts on the literal trip of a lifetime.

Come to France and be a part of the factory Le Mans team -- and for the first time, we'll put you through our own ORECA Driving School. See the Mopar-powered LMP and drive my Vipers. The 2001 program is all new and very exciting, so if you have attended our Le Mans Challenges before, you will like this one even better.

This year ORECA can accommodate only 40 attendees for the most exciting Le Mans 24-hour race yet. You will attend not as spectators, but as my teammates on Team ORECA. You have heard or read about how thrilling it is to witness this race, but now I must take you through the race engineering shops at our headquarters in the south of France, and also put you through our driving school experience. This is the best way to see why ORECA has won so many amazing racing championships!

Seats are obviously extremely limited. Please respond right away.

The trip dates are June 11-17, 2001. The RSVP deadline is May 17, 2001! You are strongly encouraged to complete the application form I have sent by mail to all Viper Owners and fax it back to Fiona McKenna at J.R. Thompson Company as quickly as possible to reserve your place. You may phone in your acceptance toll-free to Fiona McKenna at 1-800-998-1110. Your reservation will be secured by a valid credit card. Because demand, as before, may exceed capacity, attendee names may be drawn at random from all qualified registration forms on May 17, 2001.

The cost per person is estimated at US$4200-US$4500 for Viper Club of America (VCA) Members and US$4620-US$4950 for non-VCA Member Viper owners. Non-VCA Members may elect to join the VCA at the time of their trip application and receive the VCA Member Discount price. Both prices are based on a required minimum number of attendees for the best rates. As before, this charge does not cover your airfare, but it does cover all ground transportation in France plus seven days and nights of great food, great hotels, and great camaraderie in Nice and at Le Mans. A deposit of 50 percent will be charged to your credit card when you are selected to attend. The balance will be assessed prior to departure. If demand exceeds capacity, random names will be drawn to determine attendees. You will be notified whether you have been selected the week of May 17, 2001.

For ease of transportation, please plan to arrive in Nice on the morning of Monday, June 11.

See the preliminary trip run-down in the mail for some of the exciting details -- including the first-ever ORECA Driving School -- but do not hesitate. In order to secure your place for the Viper Experience of a lifetime, please fax the registration form as soon as possible to Fiona McKenna of J.R. Thompson Company at 1-248-553-2138.

Please call Fiona or Daniel Charles Ross at JRT toll-free 1-800-998-1110 with any questions or to register.

We hope to see you in France!

Amitiés sincères,

Hugues De Chaunac
Directeur, Team ORECA

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by DCR on May 03, 2001 at 11:54</font>

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That sounds great! I'll be in Italy anyways in the end of May until Sept. I can always go to France in a sec! And June 11th is my B-day too! I like that as a present for me....HMMMMM

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine