hot jet coating?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any of you have hot jet coating?

I have B&B 1 3/4 headers that have not been installed yet

I just have a few questions.

1.what are the benifits of hot jet coating?
2.should I do inside and out?
3.who does it?
4.how much am I looking at?
5.is it worth it?

Also do any of you guys think I should use header wraps?? with or without the jet coating?

Thanks alot guy

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any of you have hot jet coating?

I have B&B 1 3/4 headers that have not been installed yet

I just have a few questions.

1.what are the benifits of hot jet coating?
2.should I do inside and out?
3.who does it?
4.how much am I looking at?
5.is it worth it?

Also do any of you guys think I should use header wraps?? with or without the jet coating?

Thanks alot guy

I had my B&B headers coated. Mine are done both inside and out, which I think is standard (for Jet Hot). I had them done by Jet Hot for around $325. It keeps the heat down in your engine compartment which also keeps the heat within the exhaust. They look real nice too, but I did cover mine with the stock heat sheilds as well.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did my shorty headers, about $235, done inside out.

Mine was done at HPC, http://www.hpcoatings.com/

I dont have wraps. You can read the benefits on their website. This quote is from their website:

Superior corrosion protection; self-sacrificial quality will not allow corrosion to develop even when damaged
Lifetime guarantee against subsurface rust and corrosion
Performance gains from increase exhaust gas velocity, improved airflow, and reduced ambient under hood temperature
Rapid cool-down
Weldable
Color availability
Will not blue or stain
Eliminates thermal fatigue and oxidation
Excellent abrasion resistance
Protection at temperatures of -375° F to 1,300° F+
Can be applied to both new and used components

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a lot of people that can do it for you.Probably some in your area.The material used all comes from the same supplier.I have silver.Does not stay bright however.Will probably redo with black .Black is black and has a higher temp rating.I have heard that coating the inside is BS because there is no way the surface can be properly prepped. GTS Bruce

OP
OP
S

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guy.

Redenuf93 thats a great link thanks alot I think im going to use them to do it do you guys think that after they are jey coated that header wraps would mess anything up or should it be fine?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must mean "JEt Hot" brand of thermal coating.
I had my Z-06 B&B headers Jet Hot coated in their "sterling" coating. Looked great, even after 3k miles. No real temperature difference that I could tell, but their test shows that there is a difference

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sell the B&B's and get some Belangers. They are already coated and can run without factory covers. They sound geat also. :2tu: :usa:

Reaction score
You keep asking about "Header Wrap". Do Not wrap your header system with that stuff. You will burn your header pipes out. This is not to be confused with the stock heat shields. Do use a heat coating. Very effective. (JD)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang