How about an exhaust sound/video clip thread?

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This video is with a Corsa Track, and 3 inch off road pipes after stock headers on an otherwise stock engine.

You must be registered for see images attach

This video is a Corsa Track, 3 inch random tech cats behind stock headers on a stock engine.

How about some other exhaust systems?

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice silver srt. I wonder how much louder straight pipe would be on the first car? Sounds great. :usa: :2tu:

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome! I was wondering what a SRT would sound like with Corsa Track with no cats. I plan to do that. I wish you had a video clip of corsa track with stock cats. I plan to either leave them in, or take them out, i don't wanna bother with new cats.

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both sound good, but the silver viper exhaust would be a little loud for me.

For comparison I would also like to hear corsa track with stock cats.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While I was listening to those clips, my wife went to the front door looking for a package.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The silver one is definately louder at WOT. It is deafening when he accels past me on the freeway if my windows or top are down. It sounds very clean though. Mine popped too much without cats. So thats why I have them. I still dont know about straight pipes. I think it would be too loud.

Heres a sound clip of leaving the parking lot. :cool:

Video

NorCalSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds sick! Hopefully I can meet up with you guys some time to hear that in person...I'm in Sac. I'm already over my stock exhaust.

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
Again, straight pipes problem will not only be the "neighbors" and Police, but YOUR EARS.

I had to drive with earplugs before the Vortex cones, and I still use my right plug in traffic.

The drone, noise was so loud that beyond being uncomfortable, my ears (right specially) would ring and hurt for hours at a time. I really feared hearing loss, that's serious a matter. And I am one who clubs every single weekend and loves loud cars and bikes, but this was too much.

If I were you I'd listen to other peoeple's experience...

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It did sound great. Maybe I will just go with the corsa tracks and no cats. Very nice sounding machine. Did you notice any seat of the pants gain with the track and no cats? Again, great looking ride.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It did sound great. Maybe I will just go with the corsa tracks and no cats. Very nice sounding machine. Did you notice any seat of the pants gain with the track and no cats? Again, great looking ride.

Well mine is the 05 Copperhead, kUrtis has the 04 Silver. We were pretty even racing before,even when I had stock exhaust. But now with my exhaust setup and his without the ctas, he slowly pulls away. He does probably have a little better gearing advantage,since his tires are a smaller diamater, but I think No cats is helping him on the freeway races.

1DumpedViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's interesting. Is the sound that much louder with the no cat car under hard acceleration when the cars are side by side? :2tu:

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That sounds sick! Hopefully I can meet up with you guys some time to hear that in person...I'm in Sac. I'm already over my stock exhaust.

If you ever come down this way,hit us up. There are 3 of us always running around town together. You can check out Santana Row in San Jose, its a real nice strip,with shops,restaunts and alot of nice cars,Ferrari's,Lambo's. Its a fun place to drive to. Its were we have our Norcal VCA monthly meetings. Be glad to let you listen to exhaust,even give ya a ride.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's interesting. Is the sound that much louder with the no cat car under hard acceleration when the cars are side by side? :2tu:

YES!! Its noticeable. We have switched cars and both notice a difference. Also when we both would blow by our buddy, he could tell the difference. It sounds good, but for me its almost a bit too loud. My head hurt after driving his car with the windows down for about 20 minutes romping on it.

OP
OP
I

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's easy to post videos, just open a photobucket account and follow the instuctions. photo bucket site You can host pictures and videos there and they are ready to host as soon as you upload them.

Lets get some other systems on this thread.

I never noticed a drone with the Corsa Track; stock cats is loud, random cats is louder and no cats is WAY loud...never droned

It "feels" faster almost any time you do an exhaust mod. We ran the copper car with stock exhaust against the silver car with the Corsa Track and neither one was faster. Then the 3" Random Techs and Corsa Track went on the copper car and the off road pipes went into the silver car. With the offroad pipe the silver car became faster than the copper car. From 60 to 120 the silver car put half a car length on the copper car every time.

Tommy K

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Robbie,
How does yours exhaust sound compared to that silver car? You get the F1 comparo, and that sounds pretty F1 to me. Just curious. Maybe one of your customers can photobucket a vid for you?

YellowViperSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since there is no clip of it here, can anyone who has ever heard the corsa track and stock cats let me know how it compares to either of those?

Also, that siver car, are all 4 cats taken out, or just 2?

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a video of the sound with stock cats. i will post it when I get home later tonight.

mdviper1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need to stop coming to this site Im about to rob a bank to get my damn viper!!!!

LOL......I just joined this site and feel the same way.....I'm already looking for a second viper!!

I love the sound of the silver SRT

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Since there is no clip of it here, can anyone who has ever heard the corsa track and stock cats let me know how it compares to either of those?

Also, that siver car, are all 4 cats taken out, or just 2?

The silver car has NO cats ,so all four are gone. The Copperhead has only "2" cats and they are RT hi flows.

Back when I had the hi flows and he had all four stock cats, there wasnt much if any sound difference. So a Corsa exhaust with stock cats or hi flows sounds similar, both good. But really wakes up when there are NO cats.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hang on ... the clip with the RT cats must be the RT Ceramic cats (not the metal cats, which are louder) ... I have the same set up with the 3" RT metal ctas, and it sounds louder, almost like the Silver SRT ...

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this back in the day

b/f the n2o/ propane
b/f the paxton
b/f the RSI TWIN TURBO

just a home made exhaust lol (thats for sale now)

vd..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtoce1