How can i keep the A/C compressor on all the time. Its hot in Vegas

V

vegasviper

Would a vacuum can hooked up to the A/C vacuum hose do the job. Is there any other options.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you mean in general, the compressor needs to cycle to prevent freeze up.

If you are referring to it cutting out when you floor the car, then I'd guess that could be bypassed depending on if the ECU controls it or vacuum. Haven't investigated....

OP
OP
V

vegasviper

Jim, just so i make sure that i install the vacuum can correctly, How do you install it

Jim Sullivan

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very simple, pull the vacuum line off the back of your passenger side valve cover, run hose to your vacuum can (I used a 2002 Jeep vacuum can) then run the hose back to the original vacuum line.I used hard plastic vacuum line but if I was to do it again I would use rubber vacuum hose.

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Compressor can cut out for 3 reasons: freezing evap, high head pressure, Wide Open Throttle. If it's the latter you want to address, forcing the compressor on will cause it to fail prematurly. The pressure spike can get high enough to destroy the compressor and/or blow the PRV (pressure relief Valve) and dump the refrigerant. The PRV is rather reliable, but the time to the pressure spike may cause damage before the valve opens.

The compressor shutting down is protecting itself and the system. I wouldn't suggest forcing the compressor on.

My $.02.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think the compressor turns off under WOT, just the air coming into the cabin is blocked off..?

shifter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nope, compressor shuts down. Industry standard for most piston pumps, wobble plates, and even scroll compressors.