How do I handlie the WAIT???

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Very nice Leslie..... just get some Viper books and Videos to tide you over until it arrives... worked for me :)

Cal

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3.5 years ago I went thru the same torture as my Viper went from Roanoake (IL) to NYC. The trucker was very cool and must have called me 5 times throughout the day and night telling me exactly where he was. Pretty cool to be woken up at 6 AM on a Saturday morning by a phonecall "get up...the car's downstairs!

That was a VERY nice day! :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my Viper on a Friday and had to wait the whole weekend to pick it up. It was torture. Of course, when I went to pick it up (about 30 miles away or so) it rained cats and frigging dogs AND got dark first time I had ever driven it on the way home. I drove like Grandma going to church, people must have been laughing their ass off. That was fun. Not.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CitySnake-I am going to be a BASKET case when that day happens to me! When I saw the pics of it loading on the truck my heart stopped-you would think it was my first time hahaaaa!

well, it IS my first viper

have had 6 vettes

thanks for the posts guys, I am calming down now a bit, don't be surprised if you see me on here a lot drooling over other viper pics, good idea CalCobra. Does spending a couple hundred bucks online for mods count? hahaaa

ViperJon-love that pic

Pic of it being loaded up this past Tuesday

http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/509/9456viper1-med.jpg

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had to wait 3 months to get mine. All attempts at getting the loan failed because I had insufficient (not bad) credit history. It was 1997 and I had only 3 years of credit history in the US. I failed credit with at least 5 loan companies. Finally Fitzgerald Motorsports in Laconia, NH pulled some strings with Chrysler Financial and got me my dream car. It was worth the wait. 8 years have passed and the feeling doesn't change. That's when you know you made the right choice. Enjoy and be safe.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats Leslie! :2tu:

I go through this often enough, as my car goes back and forth to Heffner's in Maryland.

It's always sleepless nights and anxiousness for the last couple days until it gets home. But it's worth it every time as you will find out soon enough! :D

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats Leslie! :2tu:

I go through this often enough, as my car goes back and forth to Heffner's in Maryland.

It's always sleepless nights and anxiousness for the last couple days until it gets home. But it's worth it every time as you will find out soon enough! :D

haha! can I sleep in it the first night?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I completed a transaction with a guy who lived on a private street. As luck would have it, They were resurfacing the street, and I had to wait over 2 weeks for him to pull the car out of his garage..Torture.......I recommend lots of alcohol........

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Buy Grand Turisimo 4, get the check codes, and unlock the Viper and start driving it around. =) Best way I know of waiting... and I've done a lot of that lately.

JUCD VPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie ,
Boy oh boy do I feel where you are coming from, only WORSE! I'm A U.S Marine Embassy guard in West Africa right now, I bought my 99 RT/10 3 weeks ago and I have to wait till Sept 1st to go on leave to drive it for the first time!! I can't freggin wait!! I have dreams about it EVERY night!

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie ,
Boy oh boy do I feel where you are coming from, only WORSE! I'm A U.S Marine Embassy guard in West Africa right now, I bought my 99 RT/10 3 weeks ago and I have to wait till Sept 1st to go on leave to drive it for the first time!! I can't freggin wait!! I have dreams about it EVERY night!

OMG...I would go frickin' NUTS!

ok I think that alcohol idea was a good one, is it Friday yet?

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In 1995 when I was waiting to get my '93 RT, I had a 1:18 scale model of a '93 RT/10 that I would set on the floor and just look at all the angles of the car. I still remember my wife sitting on the couch saying I was like a little kid with that car. I even held it in my out stretched hand to see what it would look like in the driveway. :D It did help, but looks soo much better in person!

Congrats and good luck!

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thanks for the posts guys, I am calming down now a bit, don't be surprised if you see me on here a lot drooling over other viper pics, good idea CalCobra. Does spending a couple hundred bucks online for mods count? hahaaa

Absolutely it counts :D

One of your first stops should be:

http://www.mgwltd.com/viper1.html

I don't know if the guys here consider these poser mods or not, but from their site they look to make darn nice products. I guess the gear shifter isn't a poser mod (can't wait to try the pistol grip shifter!). One thing for sure, their addictive :crazy: )

Cal

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey thanks for the link for mgw

I have about 50 diecast of vettes, guess I better start collecting vipers haha

badvr4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great lookin car leslie. the wait *****. i drove almost 200 miles to pick mine up. i was so antsy on the way, like a ********** waiting for a fix.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, Hi, This is Ron from z06vette.com (aka ElectronZ06). I was the same way waiting for mine last year. My car was coming from California to New Jersey. Took the transport company 14 days to get here, a LONG 14 days.... Because they had so many other stops, not to mention a 3,000 mile drive.

Im telling you, I had 2 Z06's, and they were great cars, and great daily drivers. But there is something about the GTS. That you just cant compare to the corvettes. Wait until you get yours, you'll see. I have to tell you, that is one of the NICEST color combo's out there. Where did you find your car?? Through this site? Miles? I have always wanted a yellow car. Since I already had a blue corvette. I opted to go with a 2001 GTS, race yellow(no stripes). However, if I didnt have the Electron Blue vette. I would have bought the Saphire/Gocnac combo hands down. Nice choice..

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
great lookin car leslie. the wait *****. i drove almost 200 miles to pick mine up. i was so antsy on the way, like a ********** waiting for a fix.

hahaaa! have you been watching me through my windows???

hey Mr ElectronZ06-I CANNOT WAIT! and the best part is, I am driving her to the Z06fest for some droool factor hehe she has 23K miles on her, one owner from the pics it's looks like she's in perfect condition, all stock.

I purchased the GTS from Marv at www.vipersforsale.com. They work with Capital One, link is on their site. I completed the app, got a response in 3 minutes and the check at my door the next morning haha. They send you a BLANK check, with the max approval amount on it, so you have 45 days to shop. They have been excellent to work with, sent MANY pics and took even MORE and emailed them to me as she was being put in the trailer-can't ask for more!

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, who is shipping it for you? I used Thomas Sunday, and went very smooth. Good luck with it. I was thinking about driving mine to the Z06 fest as well. Hmmm.

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leslie, who is shipping it for you? I used Thomas Sunday, and went very smooth. Good luck with it. I was thinking about driving mine to the Z06 fest as well. Hmmm.

usedvipersforsale is handling the shipping, enclosed transport service.

yeh a buddy of mine is driving my Z06 and I am driving the viper to the fest-I need the Z06 for the HPDE on Wed June 20th-we have Nashville Speedway booked

you thinking about driving your viper? that would be awsome! I won't be alone then haha

RCKTMN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey,

You could try playing 'Viper Racing' on your computer!!!

But, seriously! Nice choice on the color combo. I think its one the best combos for the car.

Good Luck!
Paul

OP
OP
L

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey,

You could try playing 'Viper Racing' on your computer!!!

But, seriously! Nice choice on the color combo. I think its one the best combos for the car.

Good Luck!
Paul

I think I am gonna have to break down and get a playstation haha

need to practice my apex's anyway

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32