how do I keep my new viper clean & shiny?

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should I wash it with the hose water or some other form of water? What kind of polishing or waxing should I use and on the leather and interior what do you guys recommend, I just recently got a 5k mile gts blue and white 97, mint condition and I want to keep it like that. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to see you got that snake....sweet... :headbang:

I use Mr.Clean system for washing, no drying required,the final filter rinse does the trick.

On the interior I use Mequiars Rich Leather Wipes on the seats and plastic, let it set wet for awhile and wipe all down with a diaper, looks awesome..

Might also invest in a Mothers duster, after driving the wheels out back will kick up dirt onto the rear bumper...

P.S. check the interior after washing for wet areas, this cars will do that from time to time...

Enjot the ride, whats your first upgrade??

Rick

OP
OP
K

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey bro, thanks for replying, this is my first Viper ever. I love it so much, I got off work early just to enjoy it since the sun came out. It's one hell of a machine. Where should I do the maintanance on this a dealer or do they have special shops for Vipers? Nice to see you here to Bluesnake. Thanks.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure how to find out which local Dodge dealer has a certified viper tech. Maybe the WA guys will jump in with the answer. As long as you keep the finish waxed you will be doing as much to protect the paint as you can, just keep it waxed. Glad to hear you found a nice low mile car, enjoy. & post some pics.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Although I have never used them (too far away) I hear good things about Timberline Dodge in Portland. I believe the Viper tech there is Ken Klickman (sp?). You probably live fairly close to them.
I seldom wash my Vipers since I try not to drive them in wet weather. I dust them off after each drive and used a long bristled paint brush to wisk off the brake dust from the wheels. They all have several coats of Zaino which gets refreshed occasionally with the Gloss enhancer (Z7?).

Bob K

BLUESNAKE367

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do my own oil changes(SCvipermad has a quick lift at his house) but every other year I take mine to the Viper Tech and have the radiator flushed, brake fluid changed, rear end fluid and tranny fluids changed...I have recently bought a ton of Viper maint books, so I maybe doing all my Viper maint myself here soon...

BOB K, you use the PORTA-CABLE polisher?? BTW, my new Coupe still waiting to be shipped,where is yours?? this waiting is killing me...

Just had my GTS color sanded and clay bared, what a knock out, would like to try the Zaino stuff...

Rick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Missjazzyfitness