How do you get to the o-rings on the condenser unit

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok tired of the a/c leaks. I did the compressor o-rings this past spring and slowed the leaks down significantly. But I shot some more die in to double check and I found a leak on both fittings on the condenser out front as well. So I went ahead and replaced both o-rings on the drier assembly then proceeded to the condenser. I removed the front facia, the air deflector under the air box. Even with this I can get to the 10 mm bolt or the right side fitting but the bolt hits the hood hinge assembly where I can't pull it out or pull out the fitting. I can get the fitting apart approx 1/8" but can't get ahold of the o-ring but i can see it. Do i have to remove the hood, hinges and tear into the condenser mounting assembly. I am sure somebody here has some tricks to get some space to move the bolt and fitting out.
Thanks

OP
OP
V

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After studying the shop manual I determined the hood must come off. Then removed the left side hood hinge assembly bolts so I could slide it out of the way. Once that was done I could get the condenser line apart and do the o-rings. I vacuumed the system down and recharged it and it works great. Hopefully the repair will hold.

OP
OP
V

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Update:
Drove the car immediately after completion of the repair and got readings about 48 degrees out the vents. Car sat two weeks and no signs of refrigerant leak. Took the car out yesterday to cars and coffe and ran errands all day with cold air in the cabin. After the return home I put the gauges on to check and everything is good. For those of you that have done the compressor o-rings and still have a small leak don,t fret, get the two others on the condenser and you should be fine