How, How, How >> ???

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
According to this seller:

YOUR CHANCE TO A REAL VIPER WITH A GOOD CLEAN TITLE--CHECK CARFAX

here is the ad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2002-DODGE-VIPER-RT10-CONVT-DAMAGED-EZ-FIXER_W0QQitemZ170017940581QQihZ007QQcategoryZ6209QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You must be registered for see images attach

how can this be a clean title car? i see other cars with salvage titles because the hood is cracked? W-T-H am i missing here?

RoadiJeff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dunno...but I'd like to have one of the two little black caps that covers the rear window screw and one of the four plastic nuts that the rear license plate screw attaches to. Local dealer cannot find them.

LOL - I liked this in their listing:

2002 DODGE VIPER RT10 CONVT DAMAGED EZ FIXER

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last report on this car shows around jan of 06. My guess that this sale has not been reported to carfax yet or the insurance claim may not be settled. Once the sale is recorded it will flag the title.
I sell alot of my fleet wrecks on ebay. They are always clean title since I self insure. Unless this car had some funky insurance it will show up eventually.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No isurance claim, No accident report = Clean title

You could buy that car, repair it and then sell is as a clean title. Unless the car gets branded (salvage sale, insurance auction, etc.. the car will have a clean title..

Scary huh!!!

CarFax is NOT fool proof, that's why you should inspect everything regardless of what CarFax says

Gottaviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an Audi in 4 or 5 major wrecks totaling over 40K in damage and a clean car-fax and autocheck (experian credit agency report)always inspect the car heavily

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"easy fix" !!!!!

28K !!!!

PASS.................

"LOCATED IN TEXAS AT THE INSURANCE COMPOUND" This could result in a branded title if it was an insurance claim...

It's not clear if he even owns this?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
little black caps that covers the rear window screw and one of the four plastic nuts that the rear license plate screw attaches to. Local dealer cannot find them.

Try Tator or PartsRack

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where is the hood? Did it get lost along with the key?

So what would be anyone's guess as to the cost to fix this thing?

Just paint and the hood alone would be at least $10k.
And they are saying that $24k bid is under the reserve?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope noone buys that thinking its gonna stay a "clean title". also, the bid is already up to $24k! How much damage is done there? $40k+? Someone's gonna be paying atleast $64k for a car that really isnt that low of mileage (18k) and seems to have damage on every body panel. Also where do you find a used Gen 2 hood for $2500???

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
There is easily more than $30k of damage on that thing, even if you do all the work yourself. Every body panel is damaged including the side-sills. That is not a fender bender accident, it looks like it was hit at every angle. A low mile final GTS in mint condition is in the low 50's so why would anyone buy this for $24k? I wouldn't pay more than $10k for that hunk of mess for parts.

RedOne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An 03 sold down here for 10K at the salvage sale... It would cost less to fix it..