How in the world........

Black Mamba 149

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a quick question. How in the world do some of the members on here keep from modifying their Vipers. I know that warranty issues are a huge factor, but man I don't know how much longer I can hold out, especially since my warranty won't run out till 2008. Are the small modifications enough to get you by? By the way I may need plastic surgery to remove my smile, I LOVE THIS CAR!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has plenty of balls as it is! It doesn't need to be modified. I did exhaust work becuase I thought it sounded a little weak. From factory the car is a PittBull but it barks like a Poodle...Get the Exhaust work done and you'll love it. Defenetly not direct bolt on though

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"How in the world do some of the members on here keep from modifying their Vipers."

Well, it was hard, but I did for 4 days...

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just do simple mods that you can change back with ease.

basicly bolt ons like...

Headers
exhaust
HF cats
rockers

ect.

TOPGON

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the few who will only do mostly cosmetic mods. The Viper is becoming my daily driver given the option that is the key I grab in fact I drive it so much there's not much time for mods. I kind of burned out on every mod known to man on my other cars and I really like the Viper basically as is BUT that makes me no less of a Viperholic! I have a great respect for those who get peak performance out of their rides I'm kind of done with that and now just really enjoy it as is.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a story for ya. Kind of long sorry!

I was really considering doing NOS. My uncle is an Mechanical Engineer for the Air Force/master mechanic on the weekend, and I asked him if he would help me do it?

He said why? (Threw me way off!) This is the guy who has done EVERYTHING to his Baracuda. He said, "are you gonna start racing at the track?" I told him probably not.

He said, "if you race at the track I'll do it for you." I said ok. He said, "well I got this catalog that you can order the safety equipment needed to race your viper."

Anyways to make a long story short. He went on to tell me that he had just got back from a lecture where the team that investigated Dale Earnharts crash had given an in-depth analysis of his accident. Then he went onto explain the physics involved in a car/track accident and that if the proper equipment isn't used that it could and probably would end in death or serious injury.

So, NOW I'm looking at safety equipment and contemplating whether I REALLY need to MODIFY my Viper anymore than it already is!

If you track it, Modify smartly. If you're a cruiser/poser(ha!ha!) like me, save you money.

Just my opinion.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to set a world record for the most money spent to modify a car without actually gaining any significant horsepower. I'm pretty sure I'm close to that record already.

troyrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to set a world record for the most money spent to modify a car without actually gaining any significant horsepower. I'm pretty sure I'm close to that record already.

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guess I'm one of the few who will only do mostly cosmetic mods. The Viper is becoming my daily driver given the option that is the key I grab in fact I drive it so much there's not much time for mods. I kind of burned out on every mod known to man on my other cars and I really like the Viper basically as is BUT that makes me no less of a Viperholic! I have a great respect for those who get peak performance out of their rides I'm kind of done with that and now just really enjoy it as is.

I am in your camp- no mods except minor cosmetic for the SRT. I learned a BIG lesson w/ my classic vette. It was so cherry, a real show-stopper, but when it was time to sell, I took a -$$ hit bigtime because of all the mods. If you do a lot of performance mods, buyers sometimes get the idea that the car was beat on, no matter how nice it looks. It is only original once. And geez this car is FAST enough as it is...
my 2cents....

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You modify it to put your own personal stamp on the car... I've often thought is like the 3 Harley's I've owned, you modify them to make a statement... and to bring you greater pleasure.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, you live in a really cool place! We use to go to the lake up there when I was a kid! Beautiful! Congrats on the Viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang