How JonB lost a Sale!!!!

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
About mid summer I purchased my first Viper a 98 a red R/T 10. As with all first time buyers you can’t wait to spend money on your first mod. Of course being stock your first must mod. Is a cat back system. So I did the usual and searched the forms for endless amounts of information on the topic. Of course every system that person had was the best. Some say one sounds like a truck another sounds like a motorboat and I am very confused. So I called JonB. He asked me a bunch of questions and then said, “You want Random Tech. Hi-Flow Cats with their Cat-Back System”. He could have sold me a more expensive system but he determined that this was the system that would work for me now and for future mods. I will have to say with out a doubt that this is the best sounding system I have heard. The tips are highly polished and look beautiful. I have brought the car to local events with other Vipers present. I have gotten amazing reactions from all owners and even envious looks for Viper owners with much more expensive systems. I was also in the process of purchasing a set of headers and decided to put that on hold. The system sounded so good I didn’t want to mess with the tone. So JonB cost himself a sale of headers by offering a great product at an absolutely great price. Maybe when S/C is in the works will I go with headers, but until then Great Tone!!!

Thanks JonB and Partsrack..

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad you like the exhaust, not the 1st time Jon B. has "lost a sale" or sold someone a less expensize mod than what they called to order. I will say however, maybe you should change the title so its not so misleading. Some people just scan the topics and may assume this is a negative post towards Jon B without reading it.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headers are great mods too. Actually with the prices today it is a very good mod. They can add upto 20HP to your Viper. It is reliable and a great HP gain. Gen 2 Viper can gain many HP from the exhaust modification.

If you decide to change the headers and compare the factory headers with the after market ones you will have the impression holding a couple of old bath tubes from the 1920 in your hands. The factory GEN2 headers are very narrow with a lot of twists.

Rethink about the headers ....

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe since JB is losing all this money not selling parts, now is the time for a great deal on those Belangers I want.

Date check... TUESDAY!

Brrrrrrrrrringgggggggg.

Hello?

Good morning Jon. I would like to buy some headers.

Why yes, I've got an extra set in stock, and could use the shelf space for all of the new SRT parts. Make me an offer sir.

Well Jon, I was thinking $1295.00 is a must buy for me.

Sir, at that price you'll need to pay the $34.95 shipping.

No problem Jon, you know where I am in Texas.

And now my car is louder and faster.

The end.

OP
OP
S

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree headers are in the near future, I just wanted to emphasize the great tone this product has and the sincerity that JonB has with his customers getting the right Stuff. As far as the title goes Jon has a good sense of Humor and this thread will get more hits because of it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has lost a few sales from me by telling me I can get it cheaper else where or by telling me I do not need the part etc. Jon will NEVER steer you wrong even if it means losing a sale. My kind of vendor. :2tu:

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a Random Tech exhaust a few weeks ago on a friends GTS. I was very impressed with the exhaust. The tips reminded me of Corsa tips, and the rear sub assembly looked just like the B&B setup. Great sound too.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Random Tech Cats and Corsa's here. LOVE the sound. Corsa's sound perfect to me with no drone at all.

How does the RT catback system compare to the Corsa's? Louder? Anybody have a sound clip?

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I haven't had to buy anything for my Viper yet because it's still new... But when I do start buying stuff, i'll be going through him. Thanks for all your help towards your customers JonB

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Jon B why didn't you talk me OUT of the expensive Corsa's damn it?
J/K :2tu:

Jon in Huntington, NY

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I HAVE TO ADMIT...... when I read the title, (on a Tuesday) My first reaction was "Uh-Ohhh"

And since this dang board is so ANONYMOUS, I can Almost NEVER know who the poster really is. THANKS, and GLAD U LIKE THE SYSTEM !

With the help of RT and loaner car from ATL VCA Joseph Dell, I designed this system to have the best of several systems: X-Pipe of B+B to blend and minimize drone, Corsa-like tips, Below-Borla price, and stainless quality. Together WITH CATS its is well under $1300 VCA price for the whole system.

Dave6666 and others, PartsRack's Belanger Sale for Thanksgiving is in the works. COUNT ON IT ! Lou is recovering (again) from a magor surgery, and when we have some stock built up very soon we will launch a Thanksgiving-Pre Christmas sale.

Last edited:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks be to Jon.

Snkvenom - you can add the Roe supercharger to your car without the headers. My 8# Roe had stock everything (almost) with Roe cats and Random Tech exhaust. It sounded great ... until I bought my more modified 10# Roe with headers, pistons, water/****, headers and corsa. It cruises quieter than my Random Tech did, but it idles louder and WOT lets all the vette guys know that they should get out of my way.

Seriously, 8# Roe sc with Water/**** I dyno'd 598rwhp/644rwtq on pump gas with stock headers. It's the way to go with a Gen 2.

Ted

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to start anything here but I had the Randomtech cat back on my car and hated it! The drone was terrible, almost deafening and my sidesills were really hot. Ended up calling RT about my problem and all that they said was that my car must be running to rich and I had unburnt fuel in my exhaust. Basically told me to live with it, we aren't going to help you. I just love throwing $1100 out the window. That system has been off of my car for some time, threw on Snake Oyls HF cat back system and the sound is great, yes I still have drone but not as much and the sills are much cooler.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not trying to start anything here but I had the Randomtech cat back on my car and hated it! The drone was terrible, almost deafening and my sidesills were really hot. Ended up calling RT about my problem and all that they said was that my car must be running to rich and I had unburnt fuel in my exhaust. Basically told me to live with it, we aren't going to help you. I just love throwing $1100 out the window. That system has been off of my car for some time, threw on Snake Oyls HF cat back system and the sound is great, yes I still have drone but not as much and the sills are much cooler.

Which is exactly why people use the Corsa. NO drone at all. They cost more than the others but are worth it especially in a closed up GTS.

Last edited by a moderator:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which is exactly why people use the Corsa. NO drone at all. They cost more than the others but are worth it especially in a closed up GTS.
I agree, I LOVE MY CORSA. NO drone at all and sounds awesome. The Corsa's came highly recommended by most Viper owners I spoke to. But that said they come with a price. I guess you get what you pay for.

OP
OP
S

SNKVENOM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own a R/T10 and the drone is not that great. But now your comparing Drone VS. Tone. I say the RT system is a great balance between the other two systems which are night and day.

MAVPR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dave6666 and others, PartsRack's Belanger Sale for Thanksgiving is in the works. COUNT ON IT !"

I'll keep my eyes pealed for this, I am also just waiting for an excuse to get me some Belangers :D

Also have to say I sent Jon B some questions via e-mail and WOW he responded fast and answered my questions FULLY!!! :2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Dave6666 and others, PartsRack's Belanger Sale for Thanksgiving is in the works. COUNT ON IT !"

I'll keep my eyes pealed for this, I am also just waiting for an excuse to get me some Belangers :D

Also have to say I sent Jon B some questions via e-mail and WOW he responded fast and answered my questions FULLY!!! :2tu:

Kuul. I need such a small excuse to buy Viper mod parts.

Save a penny, spend a thousand? :dunno:

:drive:

Zan186

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Eldebrock Headers + Cat delete + Corsa Cat back sounded the best to me. But everyone has their own appreciation of sound as well

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang