how long to do the front frame recall

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been awhile since I had to get it done, being told it's 4 days by local dealer. I don't remember it taking that long Was going to have A&C do it but they can't do it and get paid....has to be a dealer..4 days???

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We had a member get his done this past week. Tom Sessions did it while in Indy. Had to pull some local strings to get it done under recall. Check with Tom. 4 days ?? really? i don't think so.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Make sure you have someone that knows exactly what they are doing. So many of these have been done incorrectly. Like previously posted Send Tom Sessions a PM. He's a great guy and can steer you the right direction.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Understand
Make sure you have someone that knows exactly what they are doing. So many of these have been done incorrectly. Like previously posted Send Tom Sessions a PM. He's a great guy and can steer you the right direction.

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The dealer I used did my front recall (2000 GTS) in about 4 hours. That dealer was 2 hours away from me. I waited while he did the recall. He had done many, many recalls. He was happy to show me what he was going to do in advance. He also left the car on the rack to show me exactly what he had done when it was finished.

When I was looking for a dealer to do the recall, one dealer told me it would take 3 or 4 days. He said the reason was that he wouldn't order the parts until he had the car in the shop. That may be what is happening in your case, too.

kand3g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom Sessions did my recall last week in Indy following a botched recall from another dealer. They had the parts in hand to do the front portion of the recall, but had to order the parts to do the rear recall. I think the rear parts took a couple of days to obtain. I was unaware that I had a problem with the rear and to an untrained eye would go unoticed. Mine was a mess! Lets see....reinforcement bracket cut to ease installation , sheet metal screws used instead of rivets.. bla bla bla. Call Tom Sessions.

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The front recall(999) Pays about 2.9 hours. The rear (998)which is both front and rear pays about 5.6. If I remember right. You should be able to ride by the dealer and have them look at the car and order the parts then return when they come in. The only thing that should delay the car being fixed in a day is if they find the frame or steering rack mount is cracked. Most cars do not have this issue. So 4 days to do the recall no way. Drop it off in the am and pick it up in the pm and there is no reason for them to test drive the car afterwards. Kand3gs car was without a doubt the worst one I have seen yet. The tech that did that recall should be ban from ever working on cars again. If he hacked up a vper repair that bad I would hate to see what he does to regular cars.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks Tom. I read through the recall doc. It looks like some of the time needed wouldn't be needed for mine. The alignment stuff as my car has coil over adjustable shocks. I only need the brackets put in.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All Vipers have coil-over adjustable shocks.

The major issue is the relative ease of adjustability of different brands/styles. (e.g.: height adjustable threaded collars, externally adjustable damping.) Most stock Vipers have neither.

OP
OP
C

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK...should have said ride height adjustable-
All Vipers have coil-over adjustable shocks.

The major issue is the relative ease of adjustability of different brands/styles. (e.g.: height adjustable threaded collars, externally adjustable damping.) Most stock Vipers have neither.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carl.

Believe that Jack Powell in Escondido has done several of these. Might be worth giving them a call. Their ViperTech has been there for a while, and might have the experience.

Also understand that they are going to have him updated on Gen V servicing.

DanB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make sure they do it like this.

That way you can have really good before pictures. When you redo it yourself you will have much better after pictures.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan:

those are some terrible looking welds??

Make sure they do it like this.

That way you can have really good before pictures. When you redo it yourself you will have much better after pictures.

kand3g

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dodge stepped up to the plate and covered the repair of the botched recall.