How long will a Viper be dependable?

SRTaj10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper has been in the shop for 2 weeks now and damn do I miss it. I was complaining to a friend that the car has been in the stereo shop and the paint shop for more than half the days I have owned it. His reply to that was "at least your keeping the miles off it." I completely disaggree. The car is meant to be driven so drive it. (Not in the rain though)

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just took out the muffler, and now I absolutely LOVE driving it around. I drove 500 miles in two days. I think I want to get other stuff done on it now to. Sound makes a huge difference to me.

Mike

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Planed to use mine as a daily but then saw that it was a little hard since you can not park the car just anywhere and the rain issue was a pain so I use it in good weather ALL the time. It just sits in the garage if it is raining or I go to a mall or something. Every other time it is with me. 13,000 miles in one year with it in storage for 4 months. Not to shabby.

nickdiaz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Camp Pendleton near L.A. last September and ran into (figuratively) a '96 white/blue stripe RT/10 driven by a fellow named Gerald or Gerard who proudly had 116+ miles with only regular maintenance. Might have been a lot higher mileage, but I know it was well over 100k.

I've put 5000 miles on my '02 RT/10 since September, about 100 mi of which has been at the track. It's not a daily driver, but I drive it every little chance I get. I have every intention of keeping it in show car quality, but I also intend to tear up the roads or die trying.

Yep, every mile you put on a Viper is a great deal more expensive than the equivalent cost on most other cars, but life is short and cars are meant to be driven.

BlueGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was being serious. Not trying to make you laugh. I'll give a quick explanation.

Scientist say that eyeballs never grow from the time you are born. Had they studied me, they would have said your eyeballs and penis never grow from the time you are born.

I used to get really angry at my mom, and in moments of rage - pull down my pants and say, "LOOK mom, look what you did to me! How am I ever going to be a success?" and my mom would appologize.

So I began weightlifting and felt good about myself. But then, about 6 months later, I noticed that the bigger I became the smaller it looked. So I quit weightlifting and began dieting.

Then I bought a dog. I figured a big dog would make me feel more manly. But, when my dog turned 6 months old, one day he became excited and I was shocked and hurt to find out that his 6 month old pecker was much larger than mine. I got him neutered.

Next, I bought the Viper. It made me feel like I had a really big one when I was signing the papers, and people were clapping for me as I drove it off the lot. I envisioned them clapping because I had just pulled my pants down... and I felt great.

So far this has been the only solution.

Thanks for listening.

Mike

Mike you are too much! That is a great response to Mopar's ribbing. :2tu:

Mopar... Lighten up, not everyone buys cars for the same reason. There is no right reason to buy it, no matter how much better you think your reason is than Mike’s. :rolleyes: Or mine for that matter.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with a lot of you I don't think anyone will be any less impressed with seeing it . Every time I see one no matter how many times I see the same one I still love looking at them . I find myself going to the garage just to take a peak at my cars . They still impress me everytime I see them . And I'm equally impressed seeing others . I just don't see how you wouldn't want to drive it every chance you get for yourself for me and for everyone who is able to be in your presence.

426Hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot wait until I am stricken with the delima of to drive it or not. What a wonderful problem to have. One day...one day.

OP
OP
M

Mike_W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was just messing around when I said people would be less impressed. It was honestly about me thinking I would take the most expensive car I have ever had, and suddenly devalue it by adding miles on it. That is the honest truth.

I changed my mind though. I drive it everywhere now. I did a few mods and I just love to drive it. I had 4 people take pictures of it on the freeway the other day, I shi* you not. Cracked my wife and myself up. It is a great car. I don't even question keeping it garaged anymore. So what if I put miles on it. That is how I am thinking now.

Mike

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang