How many club officers have won raffles?

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naw there's no way to do that in a raffle such as this, it's all above board (there are WAY too many government regulations). We have a club with "only" 5000 members, when you sell 2000 tickets to a portion of those members, you're going to have people win who are actively involved in club leadership and winners who aren't involved other than paying their annual dues. If only 650 members bought 3 tickets each, the drawing sells out... so depending upon your region, you might know which members are buying tickets in threes, that's why when the new Venom members will have the right to buy 5 tickets, they'll have a better statistical advantage. (if that's why you're buying tickets) I think you'll see future raffles sell out a little quicker as buying the tickets in bunches of 5 versus 3 will make buying your ticket(s) early a very smart thing to do.

I simply buy tickets because I'd be VERY happy to get a rare or special Viper at a 72% discount and it supports the VCA doing things I like to do as a Viper owner.

Regards,
Aaron

V

Venomiss

What's a Venom member?

:dunno:
Look in the VCA members only section-announcements/dues section. Surprised you didn't see it. It's already been brought up rehashed. It didn't get deleted either. Please refer to it there.

I find it interesting that an enthusiast would even care about this since he's not a VCA member and can't enter the raffle at all.

The answer is a no venom members do not get special consideration but thanks for asking.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What an odd question. The 'big 4' national officers are ineligible to participate in the raffles, but regional officers and DAL's are eligible, as I understand it. So none of the National Officers would ever have won, if that's what you're asking.

And Venom members get 'special consideration' in that they get a ticket discount that would enable them to purchase 5 tickets for $500, a $100 savings over the non-Venom membership. That right there pays for the venom package option, 3 TIMES!

So you're joining the VCA when you get your Viper, yes?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dan has a TT Gen 1 already.....:eater:

Well shoot, I stand corrected (but that means he has no excuse, right? :D :D :D )

Dan, if you put your VIN number in your profile (only the mods/admins can see it) we can update your status to Viper Owner (until you get your member number, that is. ;) )

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The way it works is painfully simple: ALL raffle tickets are put into a large revolving drum and then the winner is drawn by somebody with at least 2-3 witnesses. To my knowledge there have been a fair number of regional officers that have won - at least three that I can recall (and that counts the Diamondback winner, although her husband is the officer - not her). I would think it would be difficult to "rig" a pull unless the person drawing the ticket was doing something nefarious under the watchful eyes of several other people. Hard to imagine anybody even trying as they would undoubtedly lose their jobs and get a nice fat lawsuit in the process. I would make sure of it.

Instead, my honest guess is that VCA officers have already demonstrated the willingness to give more time than most to the club and I suspect this holds true for raffle ticket purchases as well. Certainly there are members that buy a LOT of tickets (and usually win), but the officers probably buy more tickets than most simply because of their desire to help financially support the club they run. While I have no use for a Venom option myself (don't collect badges or decals and can't enter the raffles), I will make the purchase simply to support the club.

Speaking of which, those that purchase the Venom option can buy five tickets for $500. Currently you can buy three tickets for $300 or one for $125. So if you didn't purchase the Venom option for $35, you would buy three tickets for $300 and two more at $125 each - $550 total. Somebody that purchased the Venom option can save $50. Or they could just buy six for $600 as most do when they get to that level anyway.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
D

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well shoot, I stand corrected (but that means he has no excuse, right? :D :D :D )

Dan, if you put your VIN number in your profile (only the mods/admins can see it) we can update your status to Viper Owner (until you get your member number, that is. ;) )

It used to be there, I guess with the upgrade it was dropped. I also was a member for two years and been on this board since 2001 (at least I paid my dues for two years) Never received one mag, never was invited for one event (other that the trek to Tators, but only because I know Chuck) Could not see why I should spend $100 per year and get nothing in return...Then when you see the % of officers that win the raffles (Legitimate or not) it makes you think.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Times have changed, you might want to think about giving it another shot. No way to know what your regional club was like back then but you have a good organization now. And where you are you have a good opportunity to hang out with three clubs. If you drove to Tators you are well within range of some of our VA/MD events and are more than welcome to attend. Check with RedNuf93, he has attended some of out events. Let me know if you would like to rejoin and I will get with your Regional President and Viper HQ and see if we can make it up to you in any way. Let me know by PM if you wish. And your title is fixed.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I concur, I really like the direction both my local club (NJ) and national club are headed, we have fun events, always meet great people and participate in whichever events please me most. For the $125 or $150, it's a great deal!!

And to be honest, I'm young enough that there is a good chance statistically that I'll win one of these cars someday in the future and then the years of membership will have been a GREAT investment!

Regards,
Aaron

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never received one mag, never was invited for one event (other that the trek to Tators, but only because I know Chuck) Could not see why I should spend $100 per year and get nothing in return...Then when you see the % of officers that win the raffles (Legitimate or not) it makes you think.
For the magazine, one phone call is really all you ever need to make and they get it fixed: 800-998-1110. Just don't count on getting every back issue in existence like one of our members recently got by mistake (what a haul!). ;)

As for events, I think there is even better communication in your area than there ever has been in the past. I know they are already planning some pretty major events for the zone in 2008 - well worth the price of admittance.

As for the officers/raffle comment - I am really not sure what you are implying but whatever it is it's most certainly off base. The drawings are conducted by an independent company at their offices in Detroit. They are done with plenty of witnesses. I am not sure who did the actual pull on the last raffle, but am fairly sure it has been Motor City VCA officers that have done a few in the past. And if cheating was even possible (which I can't see how), then you would think more raffle cars would go to Michigan. Bottom line: There is nothing unusual about the drawings in the slightest and any implication otherwise is just a bit insulting.

Oh, and I would like to go on record that if I were eligible to buy tickets for this next raffle (I am not) I might have to mortgage my soul to buy as many tickets as possible. Maybe we will invite dansauto to the drawing if he is a member... :2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960