How to remove glovebox trim? (Gen 3)

westie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey y'all.
First post here. Thanks for all the helpful tech tips.

I'm trying to remove the glovebox surround as the latch broke off. How do I get this piece of trim out? It's behind the dash and underneath the center console pretty good. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20230901_185857.jpg
    20230901_185857.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 10

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You need to take the center console piece out. There is a flange on that piece that wraps around the front and has two screws that hold it into the center stack. I think there is also a bit of a tab that sticks under the lower section of trim (the center tunnel piece that extends under the console surround). You might be able to wiggle it past without messing with that, but you'll have to remove the screws for sure. If you pull the center console panel out (the visible allen head screws around the perimeter), I think you should be able to see the screws I'm talking about. Might only need to unclip the console surround on the side there to give you some wiggle room, don't necessarily need to remove the whole thing (it goes all the way around the dash anyway, so a bit of a pain to remove the whole thing if you don't need to).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21