How many miles can I expect on a new set of tires.?

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get 2 years out of a set with ~5,000 miles per year and a couple autoX's & trackdays.
If i did no performance events i'd expect 3-4.

So maybe 15-20K miles since that is what you are asking.

Even if they still have tread i'd personally replace after a max of 5 years as the tire compound hardens year after year to the point where they have significantly lees grip than when new. With the exception of a garage queen that only gets babied on occasional sunday drives or museum piece.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assumed street tires in the ~200 treadwear ballpark. Like the ones most of us run: PSS/PS2/Invo/NT05/BFG

Golfer15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I asked the guys where I get my tires a couple months back as I might have to replace mine due to a nail in the side, and they said under normal conditions we should get 18,000 - 20,000 miles on the Michelin PS2's

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tires seem to be a consumable item for most Vipers, like fuel, oil, and fuel. It depends on the driver and the way the car is driven. I can't seem to get tires to last at all. Usually 3 sets a summer. Brake pads have the same problem as tires. ..........I love this car.:drive:

msp282

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i somehow have almost 7k on my sport cups and they are only about 2/3 worn out.... but with no electronics to save me from destroying the car into walls and curbs I have not acted too stoopid with it. I only made it 5k miles on my 08 Z06 but it would keep me in check with stability, etc...

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seen 20k out of Pilot Sports more than once. what tire? what treadwear rating?
more info needed please

Chip, I think he is relying on us to help with that :dunno: I don't think he has anything in particular in mind yet...
How many miles can I expect on a new set of tires.? Normal driving conditions? No track use?. (or very Mininual )

Based on this I see no reason you can't get 20k out of a set of street tires.
Mike

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice thread. I'm at 25k so I guess it's new tires this spring.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Viper are the tires on and how old are the tires? Tires can be low mileage but too old and, therefore, too hard. On a cold day, even in Florida, old, cold tires can be very dangerous. Unless you have knocked off or repositioned one of the balance weights, rebalancing should not be necessary. Are you really referring to alignment?

67PLY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got 18,000 miles on Pilot Sport Cups! Yes I know, I should be shot for driving so conservatively, especially in an ACR!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang