How many miles does the Average Viper Owner drive a Year ?

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Picked up my 93 last march with 7500 miles on it and am proud to report that I've doubled that in just over 1 year! Best 7500 miles ever :2tu:

274e-2-hotties6_d9663.jpg

Not my car - but had to add a little eye candy to this post!

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got it earlier this month and will probably put 4K on it in the next 6 months given that I am driving to VOI8.

GRocks10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the car last March and from March of 2003 to March of 2004, I put 15,000 miles on it. I drove the car EVERYWHERE. If I had to go to the mall, work, school, etc. It was a blast. Now I bought a everyday driver for college so I do not get to drive the car as much, BUT I STILL TRY. In a few months (March 04 - Present; 3 Months) I have only drivin it a few thousand miles. I am now at 18,550 miles. Every mile brought a smile to my face!!!!

Just curious, what do you do for a living that you can afford such a fantastic car at such a young age? I would love to know! :)

Also.. come on guys!! Why are you only putting such little amount of miles over a year on the VIPER!? You paid all this money, get out there and ENJOY IT!

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably put on about 3,500 miles a year. I wish I could use it as a daily driver!

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4K since March 1st (since it came back from winter hibernation)

I figure 10-12k/yr

now summer's here, its becoming a daily driver :headbang:

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought my car Feb 28/04 with 5300 miles on the clock. Today I've got 7250. If I keep this up, the car will have 12000 miles by end of year, which I dont want to happen. Oh well, the price one has to pay for their sanity I suppose :2tu: :2tu:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Around 8,500 miles a year on average with the GTS before I sold it, probably 5000 a year average with the SRT. Guessing the difference in miles was due to the fact that with the SRT I really waited for nice, sunny days. With the GTS I just made sure it wasn't raining. Of course the GTS drove roundtrip to two VOI's and got 932 miles in the first two days of ownership (factory pick up, Detroit to Kansas City by way of relatives). Wife already said she thinks we should ship the upcoming SRT back from Dallas to keep the miles off of it. What fun is that?! ;)

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Viper is my daily driver, and I put about 8,000 miles a year on it. I had wanted to split the driving between the Viper and my other cars, but the Viper is just too fun to drive, and I have ended up not driving the others. I don't have a lot of miles to drive every day, but we have about 10 months of mostly sunny weather, so it's pretty much driven year round.

I did have to make the decision early on whether to really enjoy the Viper as much and often as I could, or to keep the mileage down. And I decided to drive (and race) the car, because that's what it was designed for.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see we have some road warriors here :2tu:

Are you freaking kidding???? I see a bunch of garage queens here, and only a couple of drivers - take out the top 3 or so drivers on this thread, and you've got about 2500 miles a year average for this thread, ridiculous?!

I put ~18k a year on mine as a daily and long-distance driver, got it with 4800 miles on it just over 3 years ago and it now has 63k+! And I'll be driving it the round-trip to Dallas and back for VOI8, 1200 miles each way! Get out there and drive your cars, isn't that why you bought them?

S

SUN RA KAT

i'm holding my cat and am typing with one finger, so capital letters aren't going to happen here.

with the high cost of gas, my daily driver dodge ram truck gets 12 mpg highway and 11 city, but my viper gets 11 mpg city and over 20 mpg highway. you can guess which has more miles put on it these days.

2000 ram pick up has 25,000 miles

2002 viper has 14,500 miles

VANTA'SVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I BOUGHT MY YELLOW GTS WITH BLACK STRIPES IN JAN 2004,IT HAD 16700 MILES ON IT.IHAVE HAD IT GOING ON 6 MONTHS AND HAVE PUT ON 5000 MILES ON IT.I DRIVE IT EVERYWHERE ESPECIALLY TO QUALCOMM DRAGS,CARLSBAD DRAGS AND RECENTLY CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY DRAGS,ALSO THE LOCAL AUTOCROSS.
LIKE YOU I HAVE THE SAME DILEMMA,I LIVE IN SANDIEGO HERE IN MIRAMESA.

Randy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmm.... 67,000 miles in 6 years, including two trips from northern California to Oklahoma & Texas (which skews the results, I know) - average of 11k/year? Daily driver to work, for that matter...

Randy

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i put about 25,000 miles on mine since i bought it a yearand a half ago and still have 3 months left to drive it this summer