How many miles to you have?

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On E-Bay there are 52 Vipers for sale, 5 of these are 2003. That leaves a net of 47 Vipers and 25 have less than 10K miles on them :shocked: .

Mine will turn 10K this afternoon on the drive home.

How many miles are on your car?

Who has all these cars but never drives them :confused: ? Why have a car and not enjoy it? I bought my car to drive not look at (ok-I do look at it a lot :) ), I have put 1,800 miles on it in 6 weeks (I would have put more on it but the weather has been crappy) and am planning a trip to New Orleans which will put about 1,000 more miles on.

Maybe we can contact these non-drivers and offer to take them out once a month to keep them healthy :D ?

Bill
(waiting for the day to be over so I can drive home)

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think these low mileage Vipers are bought by people that want something to sit in their trophy garages next to the Lambo and Ferrari or by people that didn't know what their were in for and are now scared to drive it. I know of one famous, high performance car buff that won't drive his because it's too much car for him to handle.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There definitely is a value hit that we take once the Vipers get over 15K miles on them. But I figured that there is little point of having such a great car, and not driving it as much as I can.

I can easily understand that many people own a Viper as a weekend/special event kind of car, and wouldn't subject it to winter weather, or commute duties.

But I have a short commute, and we have mild winters here, so I get to drive mine almost every day. :laugh:

16,800 miles so far.

-Dean.

carguy07

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mine is a 95
258Keith-Viper-f.jpg

I just got it so I'll see is I can double that this year. :rolleyes:

S

SUN RA KAT

I got my Viper July of last year and it now has 7,500 miles on it - only 500 miles to go until my next oil change.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 RT/10.........10,717 mi but I have only had since dec 02 so you have to give me some time to enjoy as we had bad winter of snow. No chance to use!

Adam

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sold my 96 RT with 15,000 miles, sold my 97 GTS with 30,000 mile and have 1800 on my SRT that I have had for about 10 weeks.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
98 RT/10 w/ ~42k miles, had it nearly 2 years, and put ~38k on it in that time.

sanco-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well Mr. Wild,
I for one am glad there are some people like that out there. I just picked up my new '99 GTS (4 weeks ago) from one of those people. It had 10,025 miles on it. It has about 5 grand of upgrades, in great shape and I got a good deal on it. Yea for me !!!! :)

PS: When I'm not driving it, I'm spending way to much time on the internet reading about it!! ;)

yellow94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
94 RT/10. Purchased it one year ago with 13.9k miles. Now have 16.5k miles due to a wickedly early and loooong winter.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get a kick out of it when some people brag about having a really low mileage Viper. They wear the low mileage like a badge of honor or something. In fact mileage is one of the first questions fellow Vipers owners seem to ask when I meet them, and of course many of them seem to think the one with the lowest miles wins. Ran into a guy at a Ferrari dealership last summer and when he sees my '96 Viper GTS he says: "I got one at home just like it, how many miles do you have on it?" I said about 32,000 miles." He looked at me kind of stunned and says with a grin: "My '96 only has 1,000 miles on it." :rolleyes: That only came out to about 150 miles per year. I could not stand to have my Viper sit most of its life as a garage queen. What a shame unless they just bought it to be a collectors item and don't want any stone chips or scratches on it. Which this guy apparently did.

I know every mile I drive it, it depreciates that much more and all I see posted on E-bay and such seem to have 10,000 miles on average. Mine '96 just turned 34,000 miles this weekend and going strong. Woo hooooo!!!!! Put 15,000 of those miles on myself. And those miles were worth every penny of depreciation, let me tell you. My guess is that I seem to be in the upper 10% range for mileage from reading mileage posts over the past few years. Oh well. I don't plan to sell it ever, so mileage depreciation means nothing to me anymore.