How many people will sell there Gen 3 For The 08 Coupe?

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
interesting thought on the higher '08 price helping the '06 coupes, I think it really depends on how saturated the market gets.

wormdoggy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope people wait until the cards hit the table before they go run out and sell their early gen-3's. What if this new engine is very mod-unfriendly? You're going to kick yourself in the ass later if you fire-sold your gen-3 to get it, thats for sure. Not to mention... we dont know how many of these parts will bolt right onto existing components.

Hmm... *IF* the block is the same other than displacement... I see some potential with mixing and matching components...

Have to agree and I for one am going to wait and see what happens. I am , however, go the other way and looking for a Gen II. 2002 GTS ACR ....love to get my hands on one and with the new release , I'm hoping the prices will come down as people unload for the new 08.

Patrick

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I will not be buying the '08.

I am PERFECTLY pleased with my '04 that I've had 18 months and driven 16,*** miles. It is warranted until 2012 unless I exceed 70,000 miles before then.

More power is great, especially since it is made mostly with revs making the new Viper not much less probable to spin out unexpectedly.

I also am not a big fan of the new hood.

If I didn't have a Viper now, I certainly be glad to buy the latest one, although I am not sure I'd sure I'd pay the likely $20,000 premium between a current convertible (generally around $68-70,000) and the likely MSRP and transaction prices of the '08 convertible for the first year they are out.

Also my 2 cents on sticker pricing, the changes they have made don't amount to more $2000 to Dodge at the OEM level, so sticker is a function of marketing, it could be $100 to whatever higher, but given the Z06 and Blue Devel, I would guess thatn they will price it under $90,000 MSRP.

On the Gen issue - I'd still call the '08 a Gen III.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO, this is the coupe that should have come out in 06. I was more than prepared to add a coupe at that time, but didn't want to spend the $$ to get a car that was the same as my 03 with a glued on roof...

So... I'll keep the 03 and the 97, and add an 08 coupe... Names on the list, sounds like I have to pick out colors and wheels.

My guess is the 03s will fall to the 40s anyway around then, so I'll just keep it... I agree the 06s should hold up well, it looks a lot alike, I personally don't consider this a gen 4, but what do I know.

CarDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well...my plan, if enacted properly would be to pickup a new coupe and keep the 2005 Copperhead I already have. I want the 600hp, so I think I will plan to get a 2009 (or 2010) in summer of 2010 that has been sitting in a DC warehouse cuz people can't afford the cars.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang