How much do you think I can sell it for?

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if I want to sell it considering how bad the market is, but for the right price I would consider selling. How much do you think I can get for it?

-99 ACR (non confort group) I added a nice stereo system but no AC.
-10015 miles.
-Perfect condition
-Chrome wheels
-Belanger headers and exaust.
-you can see the dyno #'s at the bottom of the post.
-Never raced or in an accident, always garaged and covered.
-one of one build this color in 99 (the ACR non confort group type) 3 total that year I believe.
If I'm wrong about the build stats let me know.

Thanks,

http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?url=http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid75/p54f5a5f0f103cac2a1106df881b5f02e/fb574cb8.jpg.orig.jpg&caption=s3500097&id=4216802488

Catwood

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful car. Hate to say it but worth low $40s. Might find the right person and stretch abit

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Na.......I say 50k if it's clean.......it does seem that the ACR optiion doesn't help in resale all that much.....my 2 cents

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the 99 ACR market REALLY well... you can get 53K for it... ask 55K nego... If your car was solid black I would give you 50K without blinking...

RockStar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would agree with JF5 if not for the lack of A/C. I wouldn't buy a Viper without air, but the resale has to be somewhat less without it. I'd say 47-49K would be a fair price for a clean 99ACR without air. 2000 ACR's are currently selling in the low to mid 50's. I know, cause I just bought mine a month ago. Good luck selling it though. If you don't get what you want, all you're stuck with is a Viper in the garage. Things could be worse!! :p

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time will tell on all of the factors. While cars in general are not investments, ACR's will be worth more in the long run thats a no brainer. History has shown that to be the case with other limited production models. As far as the A/C, my humble prediction is that the no comfort group cars will be highly desireable in the long run. Once the car is a trailer queen A/C means squat. The ACR was marketed as having NO air or radio. The fact that people opted to add it only adds to the rarity. Hold it if you can.

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id say 53,000, first opinion, before reading everyone elses comments. And I would call that a fair bottomline cost. Maybe it would bring 49k at a dealer auction...

-Chris

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything over 50k, grab it if you want out. If you like the car and judging from the mileage you do,hold it. Do NOT hold it as an investment, Iv'e been collecting old 60's Corvettes for a long time and there are serious comparisons there for invesment purposes. Very, Very, low production numbers are valuable ONLY for high horsepower cars, NOT for cars ordered with delete options or without options that COULD have been ordered. Your car would be more valuable loaded with every option, including the comfort package. And even if you keep it 20 years it will still be valued lower than an ACR WITH the comfort package. Sad but true, and ultimately with the rarity you have and a great color combination, I thing I would send it to Heffner or Levin and double your value, 20 years from now the superchatged cars willbe like Yenkos.

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lee,
How are the values of the AAR's? Those werent the highest horsepower option. How about a Shaker 71 Challenger? No huge horsepower gains there. Try finding a radio delete plate for a 71 E-Body, you will probably find that ***** piece of plastic cost the same as a stereo and A/C for the Viper! I also collect cars but mainly concentrate on 60's and 70's Mopars. The market for Mopars is different than Chevy's. Time will only tell, and I seriously doubt that the Yenko phenomenon will ever be duplicated but once again time will tell.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Joe! Say it ain't so!

That car is absolutely special!!!!!

Call me! You're e-mail doesn't seem to be active.

OP
OP
J

JBS99HT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I pretty much figure the number would be closer to the mid 50's. Maybe that figure is unrealistic in todays market, but I have no need to sell it. It all depends if you really love the color combo and you are looking for an ACR. I know if I was looking for a car and found exactly what I wanted, I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for it. But that's me. Anyway thank you, and keep it coming.

Joe

snowmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hard part about selling your car is finding a buyer that wants that color combo. Stranger color combos are harder to sell, but if you find someone that looking for those colors you have a sale.

onerareviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would call the color combo rare, not strange. Strange would be plum or lime green (70's muscle). I think it comes down to what color is hot at the time.... And silver is one of the hottest colors right now for new car purchases. This was probably a factor in deciding on Silver as one of the new SRT10 colors. The only thing on the car I find 'risky', are the chrome rims. Too much bling for some people - but I'm sure any intelligent person would realize they could trade someone straight up for a set of original ACR's - or even make a few bucks. Personally, I like the chrome ACR's.

MR VENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Emotional attachment, plus initial investment, versus price = keeping it for a long time. There are deals to be had. Only the uninformed will over pay, and yes, they are out there. In summary..buy right, sell right.