How much drag racing do you do?

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I get over 200 passes a year in my Vette.

I rarely see all any Vipers.

Just wondering how may times you get out?

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the 1/8 mile track near me I do 200+ passes a year and almost never see a Vette. When I do run them they only see the back of a Viper.
There are 10 times more Vettes built per year than Vipers. Vettes have been built for 4 times more years. If the same % of each raced, Vipers would be outnumbered about 30 to 1 allowing for smaller production numbers in the early years.
At the Socal road courses you will see Vipers overrepresented.
I owned 3 Vettes when they were the fastest American car. They were fine. The Viper is, for me, head and shoulders above.

Please also see: http://www.V10nationals.com

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's unfortunately a 4hr round trip for me to the closest track. And without a rollbar I'm on the fringe of getting kicked off, even on street tires. But I can usually make it out 3-4 times a year. :laugh:

There are always Corvettes running at my local track, and along with Mustangs, Camaros and Firebirds, they are usually the cars that I get paired up against. And they are fun to run with. I've certainly been beaten a couple times at the track, but always with heavily modded cars running slicks or drag radials.

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have gone a few times but wasting 3 or 4 hours to get in 3 or 4 runs is not what I call fun.

Heck driving to the track, in about 30 minutes, I can get in 3 or 4 runs off of traffic lights and a roll on if I am lucky .

All the waiting at the track is just too boring for me. Two times I went I also got kicked off for not having a helmet.

I think alot of guys like going to talk to the other people there so for them it is more enjoyable, alot like the Viper meetings. Just not my cup of tea. DAMN this antisocial personality. ;)

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
edgar

How far do you live from the track? My question to you is how many times do you street race on street tires?

Not many vettes go 10.50's on street tires. hummm

vd..

OP
OP
E

Edgar

Viper Owner
Reaction score
vd, I never street race, sorry. Running 10.50s on street tires would nice, but I personally would not want to do it. If you have a 10.50 car on street tires, it might be a 9-second car with track tires. I would not go to a track wearing the wrong "shoes", much like going ice skating with flippers or mountain hiking with flip flops ;) I am fortunate in that I live 17 to my nearest track so it makes it easy for me to go often.

As Micheal said, it is tough to wait between runs, but he is right, it is sort of a social thing too plus it gives me time to catch up on my reading and I get a decent tan too:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery