How much $$ for stock manifold heat shields?

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my Viper for 3 years now, but it came with headers when I bought it and the previous owner had removed the manifold heat shields. I was thinking of putting on some header blankets from Thermo-Tec. But, how much are the stock heat shields? The Thermo-Tec header blankets are around $70. Also, I ordered the Thermo-Tec blankets and I am afraid they won't fit. They are only for up to 8-cylinders, but they sell another size for straight 6 cylinders that I figure will work. Anyone out there use the Thermo-Tec header blankets? And, if so, how do you like them?

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jegs.com p/n 893-14003 $76/pair works and fits just fine, better than stock. Stock shields are small and hard to bend.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Keep in mind that the heat shields don't always fit over the headers. I can not put mine back on ( 2000 GTS with Archer Headers ), so you want to make sure before you even purchase them.

DonMc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i got used ones that archer racing had on ebay CHEAP (thanks to henry cone for finding them)! if ya get them from dodge they are about 150-175 each!! I have tnt headers and with a little work with the rubber hammer and crow bar, they now fit nicely. I actually used 2 right (passenger side) shields. The right side fit better over the headers on the drivers side.

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MES:
jegs.com p/n 893-14003 $76/pair works and fits just fine, better than stock. Stock shields are small and hard to bend.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MES, the Thermo-Tec header blanket p/n 893-14003 that I ordered arrived a few days ago. I have not had a chance to go under the hood to see if are wide enough to cover everything. I was just concerned that it says on the package only good up to 8 cylinders. But you have them and they fit fine? Did you just attach them with the clips that came with the kit?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Have you heard about this new/used/performance vendor, PARTSRACK?

Have em in stock, new and used....

OP
OP
M

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
Have you heard about this new/used/performance vendor, PARTSRACK?

Have em in stock, new and used....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

JonB, of course I have heard of your PartsRack, I ordered a few hundred dollars in parts from you last year.
biggrin.gif
E-mail me with your prices for new and used manifold heat shields of all types. Also, I am looking to get some hi-flow cats very soon. Can you send me your prices on those too? I need the 3" inlet-outlet. Thanks.

MES

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR> But you have them and they fit fine? Did you just attach them with the clips that came with the kit?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They were actually too big, had to trim some off. The clips ****, I just used the wire that came with it and looped it around the outer pipe on each side, then twisted it into place.