How much HP can the stock differential handle?

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know many Vipers making plenty of power on the stock rear end. As I've been told, a lot depends on the power adder and street/strip use..... Another reason I choose to go the SC route. If your doing the nitrous thing in small shots you should be cool. But nitrous in large doses hits the drive train components like a sledge hammer from the big torque spike. I think you'd be fine running spray on the street with street tires but once you start running slicks and skinnies, they load the drive train with the hard impact. Then mean 'ole mister broken parts takes over
frown.gif

Gerald

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The diff is stronger than the half shafts, but LONG AGO I heard that the target design spec was 500/500. Totally unofficial.

A completely new and hi-tech system is used in the SRT/10

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
I know many Vipers making plenty of power on the stock rear end. As I've been told, a lot depends on the power adder and street/strip use..... Another reason I choose to go the SC route. If your doing the nitrous thing in small shots you should be cool. But nitrous in large doses hits the drive train components like a sledge hammer from the big torque spike. I think you'd be fine running spray on the street with street tires but once you start running slicks and skinnies, they load the drive train with the hard impact. Then mean 'ole mister broken parts takes over
frown.gif

Gerald

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree with the sudden hit breaking things. I am running a progressive timer to ramp up the nitrous instead of the sudden hit of 200 hp all at once

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Dan Cragin:
It all depends on how you drive. We once had a customer who
broke 3 differentials in a year, all under warranty. All of them
had broken spider gears. We built a 600+rwhp engine for
a customer with a 1998 Viper. He now has 26,000 miles on the
motor and has never had a problem with the factory differential.

Dan Cragin
The Viper Shop
310 925 9579 www.thevipershop.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you elaborate on the driving differences?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang