How much HP will I gain with a Corsa on a Paxton Viper?

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the stock Paxton set up with the 8 pound pulley. Thats what she pulled on a Dyno Jet. I think opening up the exhaust will help I have a flat spot in the power band. I also need a tune that would help that flat spot.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just the stock Paxton set up with the 8 pound pulley. Thats what she pulled on a Dyno Jet. I think opening up the exhaust will help I have a flat spot in the power band. I also need a tune that would help that flat spot.

So your running a completely stock paxton system, including the stock pulley, and you put it on a stock 2006 coupe, and you pulled that kinda rwhp? What the heck, thats insainly high for just that.

And you want more power?? lol...

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same Paxton setup on my '06 FE Coupe, standard pulley, stock exhaust, Mustang Dyno:

623 RWHP
564 RWT

I know Dynojet's read higher than Mustangs, ...but you're pulling 81 more hp than mine???? W.T..F?

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know I have the dyno sheet don't know how to post it. That was run with the car being cool not hot at all. If you ran your pull with the car being hot you will see a huge difference in power. Heat soak kills power on supercharged cars.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know I have the dyno sheet don't know how to post it. That was run with the car being cool not hot at all. If you ran your pull with the car being hot you will see a huge difference in power. Heat soak kills power on supercharged cars.

lol, every S/C owner knows this, it becomes readily apparent. But trust that most of us also know how to dyno queen our bee-atch, so dyno queen against dyno queen your numbers ROCK... congrats, but I'm telling you something is crazy off for you to ge those numbers outta a stock car w/paxton, even if you allow it to stay ice cold.

Congrats, and thanks for clarifying, that you are completely stock other then the paxton. (as far as you know ;) )

Jon

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dyno'd my car the same day as Kenric on the same machine. We both have EXACTLY the same set-up: 2006 Coupes, Paxton bolt-on. All stock. As I remember, we were real close (within 20hp), but I got 690RWHP; 608 Torque.

Kenric went a couple of days later and got his 704 RWHP with a cold car.

Due to the flat spot in the fuel curve, I am also looking at the results of the Corsa's. Mabye one of Dan's computers would help more?

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should see when I go to the drag strip I have ice hood up and make sure the intake is ice cold. Good for a couple of tenths and a mile or two. My viper is also a drag strip queen LOL!

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The funny thing is I think my 911 Turbo with less power will beat my Viper and be close with the GT. I need to race them!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when the SRT's first started getting the paxtn treatment, they were making close to 700rwhp on bone-stock motors. I've witnessed two myself (from the GA club) that were bone stock except for the paxton kit and they each made about 700rwhp and 700tq. i was impressed. they were both faaaaaaaaaaast!

JD