How much is an '01 RT/10 going for these days?

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How much is an \'01 RT/10 going for these days?

I've been toying with the idea of selling my RT/10 because I feel like it's not used often enough. It's a 2001 sapphire blue with conolly interior. Totally stock with 12,900 miles on the clock. Excellent condition inside and out. Any ideas on how much it could fetch on the private party market?

Paul

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re: How much is an \'01 RT/10 going for these days?

A year ago, I'd have said 53-55k; today, 55-58K.
Gen II's have jumped lately. Don't sell it short.

Gus Strakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just bought the identical car about 4 months ago. Mine had 930 miles on it when I bought it. It was a one owner car in excellent condition, but came with no warranty. I paid 54K, and think I got a good deal, but not a great one. I was willing to pay the premium for the low mileage.

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Really? That's not bad at all. I was thinkning in the 53-55 range but I had no real market data.

Well, if anyone is interested and they're coming to the Buhler beach bash, the car will be there ;)

Paul

BTW, why the increase in value of Gen II cars?

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just bought the identical car about 4 months ago. Mine had 930 miles on it when I bought it. It was a one owner car in excellent condition, but came with no warranty. I paid 54K, and think I got a good deal, but not a great one. I was willing to pay the premium for the low mileage.

Wow, I thought I was bad with less than 13,000 miles. This guy must've racked up 930 miles moving it from one side of the driveway to the other :) I don't subscribe to the buy it and don't drive it theory. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a cool car. And it doesn't do justice to a fuel-injected engine either. But that's just my thought.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I had 1498 when i sold mine to Woodhouse about 2 weeks ago. I knew I would take a hit but Bill and his son helped me out with the Xterra I bought from them. Anyway, from what I got for mine and figuring going through a private party vs dealer I would guess mid 50s given the mileage. However, perhaps you could squeeze out more given its bone stock and the timeslip on your impressive 1/4 mile runs.

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks for the replies. I'm still undecided because I love the car and I really don't want to get rid of it but I also hate to see it sitting idle in my garage most of the time. I guess I can always buy another one later.

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Why is it sitting idle? :confused:

Because I have no time to drive it. My life has been hellish over the past year or so. Between work, family, and few hobbies I really have no opportunity to drive it. I can't take it when we're with the kids, I can't use it to commute (or don't want to because it'd get beat to hell in the commuter ferry lot), when I race I race the Z06, etc. So that leaves me with few opportunities to drive it. I'd say the car is used, on average, less than once a week. I bought it for cash so it's like 50+ grand sitting idle. It's beginning to not make any sense to me to keep it.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Paul, I had the exact same feelings. I didnt want to sell mine because it was my dream car, limited production, etc. But as you stated, I dont drive mine (once around town here is 10 minutes) and the money in the short term can pay off my house in less than 5 years. Once the house is paid off, that free's up more money toward a Viper with more miles (i had a putting on mileage issue) and more go fast goodies.

Anyway, I hope someone else (possibly already has it) will take my car out and get more enjoyment out of it then I did.

Your feelings are shared by a few of us, who knows, something better may come in the future.

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wow, I thought I was bad with less than 13,000 miles. This guy must've racked up 930 miles moving it from one side of the driveway to the other :) I don't subscribe to the buy it and don't drive it theory. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a cool car. And it doesn't do justice to a fuel-injected engine either. But that's just my thought.

These cars can be driven, or not driven. I had my '92 with 200 miles on it, 12 years later, and it ran as new. I had a 94 with over 110k, and it was great. I just bought an 01 GTS with 500 miles on it, and it runs as new. Not much goes wrong with these cars, driven or not. My opinion only.

OP
OP
R

RT10Paul

Viper Owner
Reaction score

You're right. It comes down to personal preference and lifestyle. I'm the type of person who likes to drive/race cars that I own instead of collecting them, I like to play sports instead of watching them on tv, etc. There's absolutely nothing wrong with buying cars and driving them few times a year if that's what rocks a person's boat. It just pains ME to see a car that I think SHOULD be driven sitting around my garage.

Paul

PS Nice stable you got there! :2tu: