How much more power with headers, rocker, and VEC2

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 2002 GTS with mods listed below is making around 420rwhp/460rwt. What can I expect with headers, rockers? And then with VEC2? I am trying to do stealthy bolt-ons so I can still have valid warranty.

Thanks!

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably get the biggest increase of those 3 with the VEC2, but that depends on how "out of tune" your factory settings are. The headers don't give you as much an increase on a Gen2 as a Gen 1.

pavenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sbkim,
Just curious, how sure are you that the listed mods would be compatible with warranty. I would think that any of them would invalidate your warranty. I have thought about doing similar mods myself but have not done so for that reason.
Pavenom

OP
OP
S

sbkim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Issac - you bastich :laugh: With my luck, you might be right...

Citysnake - I was afraid of that... this is the third time I hear that headers do not do much for cremepuff years.

Pavenom - you are right only if you have an a-hole dealer. So far, they have not complained or have hinted about invalidating warranty with exhaust and K&N. However, if I drove up with a supercharger or NX, it might be a different story. Thus, I was trying to shoot for less visible mods.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny the issue of mods and warranty should come up as I just had this conversation with my dealer today. My factory warranty expires next month so I'm going to buy the Maxcare extended to add four more years. I asked him specifically about mods. He said that the way they view it is that they just wouldn't cover that specific piece but that everything else would be covered. I went on to ask about adding Mopar Performance Parts such as roller rockers and high flow heads, both of which can be purchased under the Mopar name. He said if they are Mopar, they wouldn't invalidate any of the warranty.

I'm pretty sure this is a dealer to dealer thing and they all view it a little differently. The dealer I use seems pretty focused on keeping the customer happy. And, after all, they do get paid for warranty work from DCX. :smirk:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine