How much should I ask for my car??

VIPER PIT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bill P , you said it right. That is exactly how to look at it. And Viperjon, right on with that good example. There are GOOD buyers out there that want a good quality car, just stick to your guns and be patient.
Nuf said

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how did we boast our opinions we were asked for them by the way and I think you are the one being unprofessional, we are being honest with the value and giving good advice as owners, he asked what he needs to price it at to sell fast, you would faint if you knew what I paid for my viper which I care not to share

I wonder if you even own a viper being an enthusiast with 34 postings?

Yes, If you need to know, I had a 2002 FE #338, purchased new .....and now I am ready to garage my second Viper, a new Gen 4. I don't care about status badges or thousands of posts. But if you need to know, my account was deleted by our moderators for lack of usage/email address change and moderator mistakes...NOT BY ME.....it doesn't bother me at all.

So the truth is jhnyvpr, I had 10 X your posts,:rolleyes: so everybody now knows OK . Big deal! Everytime an enth. posts the owners look and slam them. Your "I will faint" statement is real funny, you have NO idea who you are talking to and my financial situation, ha!

OH and by the way, Bill P. does tell it like it is and So do I.

Last edited:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Really?. His JOB is to sell Viper's for a profit. Betcha a dealer, or any other "professional" Viper salesman, would offer mid 20's for the car. The OP asked a question and the other poster's on this thread are just being realistic about Viper prices right now. Vipers have always been overpriced anyways. The OP's car is only worth what someone is willing to pay if and when he decides to sell.
Well, the question was answered in your own statement! Mid 20's by a dealer may be wholesale. Yes, Bill or dealers are in the business for a profit. So that would mean asking retail right now may be in the 30's! IMO Sell it at market price (whatever that may be) but I agree with Plum and you...If your in a "have to" situation...do what ya have to do!!! And yes, of course it's "always" only worth what people want to pay. It's judged by the condition of the car, miles on the car, extras, color, rarity, etc... for a market price at the present time. If Viper's are always overpriced by your statement, why did you buy one? I'm not throwing flames at all so don't bet me wrong because I do agree with some of your opinions. But if they were "overpriced anyways" like you said, people would be foolish to buy them don't ya think? We all know they are a popular car for the ones who have or desire one! :2tu: And if I am misunderstanding you for some reason, I do appologize!!!

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Again, thanks guys. I think there has been a great deal of good information presented. It boils down to how fast do I need to sell it. If I want the car gone in a week, then eBay would work. But then I have to expect to get less money. That is understood. If I can wait for the right buyer, then of course I can ask a premium. As it stands right now, it is looking better and better that I get to keep the car. I was one of those that paid a premium for my rare car. I had one (97 RT/10) once before and wanted the exact same thing. To sell the car at a huge loss would be very unfortunate.
COOOOOOOL! Hope things work out for you!!!!! :2tu:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2Bad-4U i dont care about who you ARE or you FINANCIAL situation.....sound to me like you're the one bosting and if your situation is so good with you getting a second viper why dont you pony up some money and become a member to support this great site? :dunno:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Courtesy of the Urban Dictionary:
"Huckleberry" was commonly used in the 1800's in conjunction with "persimmon" as a small unit of measure. "I'm a huckleberry over your persimmon" meant "I'm just a bit better than you." As a result, "huckleberry" came to denote idiomatically two things. First, it denoted a small unit of measure, a "tad," as it were, and a person who was a huckleberry could be a small, unimportant person--usually expressed ironically in mock self-depreciation. The second and more common usage came to mean, in the words of the "Dictionary of American Slang: Second Supplemented Edition" (Crowell, 1975):

"A man; specif., the exact kind of man needed for a particular purpose. 1936: "Well, I'm your huckleberry, Mr. Haney." Tully, "Bruiser," 37. Since 1880, archaic.

The "Historical Dictionary of American Slang" which is a multivolume work, has about a third of a column of citations documenting this meaning all through the latter 19th century.

So "I'm your huckleberry" means "I'm just the man you're looking for!"

"I'm your huckleberry..." Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone
Source(s):
Urban Dictionary: define.ph&

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info :) still think he is weird and should pony up a few bucks to support this site especially after boosting he is well off, think he is just a poser :lmao:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the info :) still think he is weird and should pony up a few bucks to support this site especially after boosting he is well off, think he is just a poser :lmao:

Johnny Boy, YES I was a member, what else do you need to know about me? Want all my mag. back issues? :rolleyes: I will send you a check too. PEACE JV :D

I sent you a PM.

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Courtesy of the Urban Dictionary:
"Huckleberry" was commonly used in the 1800's in conjunction with "persimmon" as a small unit of measure. "I'm a huckleberry over your persimmon" meant "I'm just a bit better than you." As a result, "huckleberry" came to denote idiomatically two things. First, it denoted a small unit of measure, a "tad," as it were, and a person who was a huckleberry could be a small, unimportant person--usually expressed ironically in mock self-depreciation. The second and more common usage came to mean, in the words of the "Dictionary of American Slang: Second Supplemented Edition" (Crowell, 1975):

"A man; specif., the exact kind of man needed for a particular purpose. 1936: "Well, I'm your huckleberry, Mr. Haney." Tully, "Bruiser," 37. Since 1880, archaic.

The "Historical Dictionary of American Slang" which is a multivolume work, has about a third of a column of citations documenting this meaning all through the latter 19th century.

So "I'm your huckleberry" means "I'm just the man you're looking for!"

"I'm your huckleberry..." Val Kilmer as Doc Holliday in Tombstone
Source(s):
Urban Dictionary: define.ph&

eucharistos, THANKS !!! Too Cool:D:D:D

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to clear the air with everyone, I'm sorry that you have to be witness to this petty argument but I feel I was called out on my my first posts. I think its important to take a stand against aggressive users, we have to protect all the hard work all the members, owners and enthusiasts have done to make this a safe, fun, informative and RESPECTFUL site. We can share our opinions with respect to others. 2Badd-4u wrote me a rather disrespectful message which shows his true immaturity. In this message he insists that I threw the first stone but I would like to remind him and the readers of the first stone
Get ready for some real dingers of opinions. As already seen.

The only "valuable" one was from Bill P. This man has more knowledge about Vipers and Sales than most all on here. He never boasts his opinion, just expresses it professionally. Unlike some.

I think my opinion is valuable because I did recently purchase a viper and I did not boast and I did express my opinion professionally along with the other members. In fact I feel you are the one that contradicted yourself and started boosting and started off being unprofessional :dunno:

I'm in a similar situation on another thread because a member was very belittling to another viper owner. This site has been to good to allow bullying from certain people and I'm taking a stand and I would encourage others to do so. Our site is know and loved because of the helpful friendly environment everyone has created and I'm ashamed that someone like 2Bad is part of it and damaging our work. He said his account was deleted my accident I suspect maybe it was not.

I very rarely think I'm above someone but in this case I'm sorry to say I feel i'm your huckleberry. I hope you can become a constructive user to our site so my feeling of you will turn for the better

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to clear the air with everyone, I'm sorry that you have to be witness to this petty argument but I feel I was called out on my my first posts.

YOU WERE NEVER CALLED OUT VJ

...I think its important to take a stand against aggressive users, we have to protect all the hard work all the members, owners and enthusiasts have done to make this a safe, fun, informative and RESPECTFUL site.

GEE, VJ I AGREE...100% SINCE YOU ARE IN ANOTHER "SIMILAR" SITUATION, YOU SHOULD TAKE A SERIOUS LOOK AT YOU ACTIONS ON HERE.

We can share our opinions with respect to others. 2Badd-4u wrote me a rather disrespectful message which shows his true immaturity. In this message he insists that I threw the first stone but I would like to remind him and the readers of the first stone

NO VJ, I TELL THE TRUTH LIKE IT IS, IT SEEMS YOU CANNOT HANDLE IT. GO BACK AND READ...YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE CREATING THIS MESS.

I think my opinion is valuable because I did recently purchase a viper and I did not boast and I did express my opinion professionally along with the other members.

PURCHASING A VIPER HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OPINIONS. YOU ARE REACHING FOR REASONS.

WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS, THIS IS A FORUM, REMEMBER?

You are in another similar situation because of YOUR doing. funny

I'm in a similar situation on another thread because a member was very belittling to another viper owner.

YEP!

This site has been to good to allow bullying from certain people and I'm taking a stand and I would encourage others to do so.

ME TOO.

Our site is know and loved because of the helpful friendly environment everyone has created and I'm ashamed that someone like 2Bad is part of it and damaging our work.

NO NEED TO FEEL ASHAMED VJ.

I very rarely think I'm above someone but in this case I'm sorry to say I feel i'm your huckleberry.

IT IS QUITE OBVIOUS THAT YOU USE ALL MY QUOTES TOTRY AND BENEFIT YOURSELF.......JUST CURIOUS VJ...HOW OLD ARE YOU?

I hope you can become a constructive user to our site so my feeling of you will turn for the better

VJ, I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN, I JUST TELL IT LIKE IT IS, THATS ME, IF YOU KNEW ME YOU WOULD SEE THAT.

VJ, IN CLOSING, SINCE YOU ARE IN ANOTHER "SIMILAR SITUATION" ON THIS FORUM, YOU NEED TO BE THICKED SKINNED AT TIMES AND/OR IGNORE THE POST.

MY ADVICE FOR YOU IS DON'T TAKE EVERYTHING SO SERIOUS.

PEACE FOR THE 3RD. TIME VJ

NO WORRIES!!! CHILL! GO WATCH THE :stooges:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
and my advice to you would be to apply your opinions with respect to other and as far a me being thick skinned, I think I am if I go up against users like you without backing down :usa:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vj,very well, you got it backwards though , being thick skinned means you let petty nonsense like this, bounce right off you, not be absorbed by it. I hope you can learn from this and your other similar situations...think twice before you type;)

Peace for the 4th time :stooges:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its a matter of perspective, to me being thick skinned it able to take the heat someone it putting on and still have composure and not backing down from people like you. So to prove I'm thick skinned I'm suppose to take abuse, allow harassment or sit back and not do anything when others are talked down to. :dunno:

2Badd mentioned I need to take a serious look at my actions because I noted I was in a similar situation on another thread. I would like to mention the other situation I was in was due to a user belittling another owner as well as insulting other viper owners for customizing their cars. I'm proud of my actions to stand up for other users and protect the respectfulness of this site. To me when a user of this site talks down to a group of viper owners and shows a lack of respect for others someone needs to stand up and correct these actions to ensure this stays a great site. I want to make sure these users get a taste of there own medicine so the next time they may consider sharing their ideas and opinions in a more constructive way. I'm all for difference of opinion but in a constructive non aggressive way.

JohnnyViper: I want to clear the air with everyone, I'm sorry that you have to be witness to this petty argument but I feel I was called out on my my first posts. I think its important to take a stand against aggressive users, we have to protect all the hard work all the members, owners and enthusiasts have done to make this a safe, fun, informative and RESPECTFUL site. We can share our opinions with respect to others. 2Badd-4u wrote me a rather disrespectful message which shows his true immaturity. In this message he insists that I threw the first stone but I would like to remind him and the readers of the first stone
Quote:
Get ready for some real dingers of opinions. As already seen.

The only "valuable" one was from Bill P. This man has more knowledge about Vipers and Sales than most all on here. He never boasts his opinion, just expresses it professionally. Unlike some.
I think my opinion is valuable because I did recently purchase a viper and I did not boast and I did express my opinion professionally along with the other members. In fact I feel you are the one that contradicted yourself and started boosting and started off being unprofessional

I'm in a similar situation on another thread because a member was very belittling to another viper owner. This site has been to good to allow bullying from certain people and I'm taking a stand and I would encourage others to do so. Our site is know and loved because of the helpful friendly environment everyone has created and I'm ashamed that someone like 2Bad is part of it and damaging our work. He said his account was deleted my accident I suspect maybe it was not.

I very rarely think I'm above someone but in this case I'm sorry to say I feel i'm your huckleberry. I hope you can become a constructive user to our site so my feeling of you will turn for the better

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, Ive been trying to read through these quotes, miss quotes etc.

I really don't quite understand what the problem is :confused:

Maybe I don't understand the Terms of your American Language, but I'm not really seeing anything greatly offencive?

Could I politely ask for us to move on :2tu:
Lets get back to trying to put forward a positive answer to the original poster :)

Cheers Guys :2tu:

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think, as most of us know there are a lot of Vipers out there with shady pasts ;) Some people (buyers) will look through classified adds and compare every tiny detail spec for spec but often overlook the true history.
You could easily scroll through Viper GTS's on Internet Auto Guide or eBay and find some cheap examples. This may be fine for some owners, but I don't fall into that category and I'm sure I'm not alone ;)

I would not be happy driving one of these performance cars knowing it had been in some kind of wreck in the past unless there were detailed pics of before after and detailed pics of rebuild etc.

I was looking for a clean car with a bit of history :) Knowing you are purchasing a car from a VCA member is a good selling point in my book. The chances are other members know your car and as a Buyer this should be something that helps your sale.

Do your own research, on prices for cars of a similar age to yours, then ask yourself why some of them could be cheaper?

If your car has never been in any kind of wreck has fair mileage and VCA owner history, that should push your car towards the better prices.

If you do have to sell it, good luck. If you can hold onto your car, even better. :2tu:

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, Ive been trying to read through these quotes, miss quotes etc.

I really don't quite understand what the problem is :confused:

Maybe I don't understand the Terms of your American Language, but I'm not really seeing anything greatly offencive?

Could I politely ask for us to move on :2tu:
Lets get back to trying to put forward a positive answer to the original poster :)

Cheers Guys :2tu:

lol, agree, no problem here .......... johnny boy if you want to continue to bust my cookies, pm me or call me, better yet come and see me:lmao:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree the history is super important, I made sure mine was accident free, reasonably low miles, all the paperwork included and was a past VCA members car, the guy even gave me his viper member cards from years past :2tu: i would not rule out a previously banged up car if it was an super price and the repair was properly documented with no salvage title

OP
OP
J

JBW1997

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks like I will be keeping my rare Viper. Thanks to everyone for the good information. Sorry things got a little "Jerry Springer" on this thread. It certainly was not the intention. Peace out everyone. Let's let this thread grow old and die.

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Well, the question was answered in your own statement! Mid 20's by a dealer may be wholesale. Yes, Bill or dealers are in the business for a profit. So that would mean asking retail right now may be in the 30's! IMO Sell it at market price (whatever that may be) but I agree with Plum and you...If your in a "have to" situation...do what ya have to do!!! And yes, of course it's "always" only worth what people want to pay. It's judged by the condition of the car, miles on the car, extras, color, rarity, etc... for a market price at the present time. If Viper's are always overpriced by your statement, why did you buy one? I'm not throwing flames at all so don't bet me wrong because I do agree with some of your opinions. But if they were "overpriced anyways" like you said, people would be foolish to buy them don't ya think? We all know they are a popular car for the ones who have or desire one! :2tu: And if I am misunderstanding you for some reason, I do appologize!!!

Maybe I should have said "Vipers were overpriced" as I think the prices right now are about right. 88K for a brand new 09 ACR is about right, 108k for the same car is overpriced. Just my opinion so don't let it bother you. On another note, I betcha the GenV ACR is gonna be in the 135-140k range. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read this thread for the first time...I try to stay away from threads with titles like this, but I was wondering why it had so many posts...all I can say is...DAMN! That's 5 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. :rolleyes:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe I should have said "Vipers were overpriced" as I think the prices right now are about right. 88K for a brand new 09 ACR is about right, 108k for the same car is overpriced. Just my opinion so don't let it bother you. On another note, I betcha the GenV ACR is gonna be in the 135-140k range. Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.
I'm with ya! Gotta get the kids through college before I could even think about a Gen IV or V! I hope they make alot of money so they can buy Daddy a thank you gift!!! :2tu: Cheers!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang