How much should I dyno?

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pick up my new (to me) 2000 RT10 on Friday. I was just curious what everyone thought it might dyno. It just has smooth tubes, K&N, and a Corsa catback (no cats). Is 450 RWHP a decent estimate? Thanks.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dyno'd 432RWHP/469RWTQ when I had the same setup in my '01. I doubt you will see 450 without headers or roller rockers or similar mod.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, thanks! I wasn't expecting a response in just 8 minutes!

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I was just curious. I probably won't dyno it until I get some more mods. I'll probably do headers and roller rockers, and then see what happens. However, it will probably be a couple months before I can do that.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow quite a few people have diffrent numbers, everyones diffrent so just dyno and see what ya got.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll wait until I get a Vec 2, so I can tune it on the dyno. I don't really care what the number is, I was just curious. To me it makes no sense to put a car on a dyno just for a number, if you aren't tuning it.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll wait until I get a Vec 2, so I can tune it on the dyno. I don't really care what the number is, I was just curious. To me it makes no sense to put a car on a dyno just for a number, if you aren't tuning it.

Very good point and thats EXACTLY what I did myself but there are some people who like to know what each mod adds to see if they got their moneys worth and I kinda in a way wish I did as well just to know what did what.

When I dyno'd for the first time I had jesel 1.7 rockers,B&B cat back,Roe HF cats,70mm TB's,vipair, (I dont wanna hear a word about this one lol) and a Vec 2 and made great #'s BUT what actually made those #'s I dont know and wish I did know what was a great mod and what was a waste of time/money.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figure I will get the VEC2, and dyno it that day. I will install the VEC2 and get it tuned. I don't see the point in driving out to the dyno place twice. I just wanted a ballpark idea of what I am.........probably......putting down to the wheels now.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

it is a stock car.....what is there to tune??? No s/c or modded motor or nitrous, all you are doing is getting a number or baseline number for future mods and how your car responds to them.

sure you can dump some fuel at the low rpms and maybe add some timing in the midrange, but don't expect much, if any as far as peak numbers go. your creampuff will benefit more from the roller rockers and then headers.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps - if you do end up going with a vec2 to "tune" I may be selling mine.

OP
OP
A

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How much?

What should be my next mod? I want to keep the car relatively tame. I am thinking headers, roller rockers, and the Vec2 and I will be done with the car's engine stuff. Anyone suggest differently?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan to me if you want to keep it tame.

if not heads/cam and or maybe a S/C.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang