How should I have answered? How would you?

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd have given him JonB's phone number and told him jon sometimes buys wrecked organ donor vipers

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have put the onus on him by asking why he purchased the Viper.

VENUM INJECTION

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I agree that not having traction control is part of the thrill. My uncle is a vette owner and is always bringing tc up. If that was his response after you told him you had been building them for 12 years, I would have told him he bought the wrong car, and that if he wanted a car his granmother could drive that there was a GM dealer right up the road.

Speedy G

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I agree that not having traction control is part of the thrill. My uncle is a vette owner and is always bringing tc up. If that was his response after you told him you had been building them for 12 years, I would have told him he bought the wrong car, and that if he wanted a car his granmother could drive that there was a GM dealer right up the road.

you see tons on chicken (vettes taste like chicken) on the road every day, i look at the drivers all the time to see who is driving and prob half the time it is older woman..... hummm

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
++2
I never understand people who buy a Viper and then wish it wasn't a Viper...

If you want an nanny, buy a Porsche...

If you think stomping your foot to the floor and flipping a paddle with your pinky is driving then buy a Vett or any one of the gazillion other nanny-tech suedo sports cars on the market.

We like to drive.

And most of us couldn't care less about reviews.

Dr V

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sounds like he should have done a little more research before his purchase. The world wouldnt be any fun without stupid people. Actually, it would be downright boring without them!

Mad Max 93 RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your replies are great. To make it worse I too a closer look at his car. The rims alone were more grimy than the rims on my Liberty. There was not a clean spot on the paint. Oh yea, he did have a coffee cup in the center console.

You mean you missed a perfectly great opportunaty to trade your Liberty for his Viper? Sounds like he would have handed you the keys on the spot!:D:D:D

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might be misquoting but I believe "The Grail Keeper" has said something to the effect.... "Yea the Viper has traction control....your left and right foot. Learn to use them." Always liked that one.:)

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have just said.............Hmmmmm, sounds like operator error.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have told him to make sure the tires are warm and perhaps invest in a Quaife. One could argue in the Viper's price that it should have had one in the first place. Admirable in some ways, too many of you are loyal to a fault. One shouldn't have to pay a dear or even terrible price for a mistake on the road trying to have fun with a car designed (although not perfectly enough) for such fun. I suspect some of you criticizing driver error haven't experienced snake bite - a very unfunny experience. People aren't necessarily going to drive these cars perfectly the first time.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have told him to make sure the tires are warm and perhaps invest in a Quaife. One could argue in the Viper's price that it should have had one in the first place. Admirable in some ways, too many of you are loyal to a fault. One shouldn't have to pay a dear or even terrible price for a mistake on the road trying to have fun with a car designed (although not perfectly enough) for such fun. I suspect some of you criticizing driver error haven't experienced snake bite - a very unfunny experience. People aren't necessarily going to drive these cars perfectly the first time.

I think the element of danger adds to the cars charm. The most fun things in life have an inherent risk.:D
Although the couple times I almost ate it were just scary, and not fun, I still prefer the car the way it is.:cool:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Sounds like you bought yourself too much car" :D

:lmao:TRUE!

He's an example of a guy that loved the style and never investigated the history, what to expect, the torque power or WHY he would pick that car over something more....refined.:)

He probably could be totally INto the car if he understood it a little better.

All of your knowledge and the lack of his? You were both destined to run into each other hahaa.

I probably would have hung out a bit and chatted with him, with a little knowledge of his car he might be more patient with the beast and actually learn how to drive it.

vipzilla

Viper Owner
Reaction score
if you want it to ride on rails TAKE THE F@#king train!!! if you want to live by the seat of your pants wash your car and try it again !!!!

Last edited: