how to hook up akenny bell boost a pump on a no blown car

mrbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got a boost a pump and would like to install it on my gen 1 . since there is no return line how do you install it and how do you trigger the voltage ? the engine is non super charged . thanks to all . looked in the search and found nothing

Last edited:

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
got a boost a pump and would like to install it on my gen 1 . since there is no return line how do you install it and how do you trigger the voltage ? the engine is non super charged . thanks to all . looked in the search and found nothing

Pretty sure the lack of a return line is a non-issue. All it does is boost the voltage going to your fuel pump. You have to wire it inline with the 12v wire going to your pump. Not sure how a Gen1 is wired but on my Gen2, I wired it in the hatch area where the fuse/relay block is.

You would have to trigger it with a switch like you would trigger your nitrous system so it boosts the pump only when you're spraying. Turn the voltage knob to max and tape it so it won't move then tuck it away somewhere.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I ran a 200 shot, both fuel pressure and a/f were logged. What you will find is that the pressure will drop, however, it is controllable since you are tuning the sprayers during the pressure drop. If you go larger than 200 you would have to change to a single 255 lph pump and the voltage booster. I ran 2 X 175 with that set up along with a pressure damper and it worked fine. Pressure is not the whole issue, flow thru the sprayers is what matters. The BAP is an easy install, The only work is getting the wires back to the pump relay.

You will probably not see 200 to the rear wheels. the last 25 hp is hard to get due to the nitrous delivery. As you get closer to 200 the sprayer jets don't change the flow too much since the plumbing starts to limit flow. An a/f set-up should be a required element of a nitrous car, or at least the tuning done on a dyno along with a/f logs. If you dyno have them put the O2 sensor right in the oem ****, not, the tailpipe.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456