How to tie down viper

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a noob here, and to Viper's. My question is how do I tie down my car on a trailer. Seeing as now is a great time to buy a Viper (if you can afford it), I'm looking at buying Jan or Feb. I don't want to pay to ship, and I have my own 20' car trailer. Are there places on the Viper frame for my tie downs?. Either a 2001/02 GTS, or 2006 Coupe. Thank's

Robert

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use the frame itself or over the tire straps. Since the wheels are large you'll need a good size strap over those suckers. Frame straps should do the trick.

:usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
get "J" and "T" hooks. they go into the slots in the frame and work pretty good. i used chain binders instead of nylon straps so they wouldnt stretch and it worked great from NJ to Fl.

DavidSB

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-10 frame slots are designed for "R" hooks available with ratchet straps from AWDirect.com. You risk other kinds of hooks coming out if the straps become loose or the car moves at all on the trailer.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT-10 frame slots are designed for "R" hooks available with ratchet straps from AWDirect.com. You risk other kinds of hooks coming out if the straps become loose or the car moves at all on the trailer.

Do you have a picture of those straps & hooks? Or part number?

OP
OP
shooter_t1

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Thanks to all who answered my questions. Although 06 coupes are selling for high 40's-low 50's, I've decided on the yellow/w blk stripes 01 ACR's and when the prices are in the 40 to 45K range, I'll be grabbing one.

Robert

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget to cross the straps when you tie down to prevent the car from shifting side to side.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just the strap hooks works fine for me. Trailered my 08 from Vegas to VOI with no problems or shifting. Just 2 straps in the front and 2 in the back. hooked into the slots in the frame then crossed the straps,(left frame to right floor hook, right frame to left floor hook) then tightened till the car pulled down, front then back, then tightened as much as I could manage.

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup R hooks front and back. Cross the tie downs in the rear and your good to go. The mirrors fold in on the Viper if you didnt know already. Bring a couple 2x10,s if your worried about the low profile aspect of the car and your ramp.