How true is it that red SRTC's are going to be rare?

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
How true is it that red SRTC\'s are going to be rare?

I really need to just make a decision and stick with it. My dilemma is that I have a great deal going on a solid red coupe (under $80k) but I really want a striped car (not sure which combo yet). If what the dealers are telling me is accurate - that Dodge has decided no more red SRTC's for the year - it may be a wise choice to pick up the car and add the stripes on my own. Moreover, if there is no Viper build for '07, we may see a very small number of SRTC's and an even smaller number of red SRTC's.

Looking on Ebay and other online sales sites, there are very, very few red SRTC's that seem to go by. Many FE blue/wht's, many blue/silver, and some black/silver - moreover, all of those colors are still available for ordering, so they will continue to be built.

Of course, there are the 50 VCA cars, and maybe Dodge decided to keep the color limited to increase the value of the VCA edition (although some other red cars snuck out early in the build).

I would really appreciate your informed thoughts as you guys have no doubt been following Dodge-think much longer than I. Thanks in advance.

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How true is it that red SRTC\'s are going to be rare?

Buy the color you like and forget about the investment potential. Adding after market stripes will decrease the value if anything. If you want to invest in cars buy the old muscle cars from the 60's. They are going up in value now. Just my opinion.

Bob K

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper Red was just added back to the order mix on 01/09/06. It replaced GTS Blue, which is scheduled out for the model year.

This being the case, you can get the Viper Red w/ Silver Stripes AND WP6 (Five Spoke) or WP7 (H-Spoke) wheels.

Also, Sirius Satellite Radio is now a factory option.

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Buy the color you like and forget about the investment potential. Adding after market stripes will decrease the value if anything. If you want to invest in cars buy the old muscle cars from the 60's. They are going up in value now. Just my opinion.

Bob K

DITTO

scott you still have not purchased a car yet, lol. j/k

bottom line when you purchase a viper new you are going to see it depreciate.
if you really want a great deal buy a low mile (most are)used SRTC, you will see
some available soon enough. you have waited this long so wait another 2-4 months
and buy a red srtc at a great price. good luck

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Viper Red was just added back to the order mix on 01/09/06. It replaced GTS Blue, which is scheduled out for the model year.

This being the case, you can get the Viper Red w/ Silver Stripes AND WP6 (Five Spoke) or WP7 (H-Spoke) wheels.

Also, Sirius Satellite Radio is now a factory option.

TommyLee-

What information do you have to confirm that Sirius is now an available option? I spoke with my local dealer and Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse a few weeks ago and they said that it was not yet an option. Thanks!

/Rich

Pythonpete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've been told by several dealers that it wasn't an option yet.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take the solid red and with the money you save add Vinyl stripes and then you will still save a lot. When you want to sell the car, just remove the stripes.

OP
OP
S

Scott_in_FL

Viper Owner
Reaction score

TommyLee, thanks for the info. That is exactly what I needed to learn.

Wanted, yep, still looking. I want a striped car and am partial to the red/silver, with blue/silver close behind. If DC really called it quits on red SRTC's, I would have likely taken the solid car and added the stripes myself. But now it appears I can order a car the way I want and that may be the best idea overall.

I hate these types of decisions.

TommyLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TommyLee-

What information do you have to confirm that Sirius is now an available option? I spoke with my local dealer and Bill Pemberton at Woodhouse a few weeks ago and they said that it was not yet an option. Thanks!

/Rich

It was added to TOPS (Dealer Ordering System) on 01/09/2006 as an available option. I have spoken with Bill P myself, and he is aware of the option being available.

As of today, the only colors available on Viper Coupes are Viper Red, Viper Race Yellow, and Viper Black.

The only options available, as of today, are as follows:

WP6 Wheels(5 Spoke) - $700 MSRP
WP7 Wheels(H Spoke) - $700 MSRP
M92 (Black)Stripes - $3,000 MSRP (only available with Viper Race Yellow)
M91 (Silver)Stripes - $3,000 MSRP
RSA Sirius Sat Radio - $195 MSRP

Hope this helps,

TommyLee