How's this for a convoy !

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How\'s this for a convoy !

the UK club is going to a meet this Sunday and 'cruising' with some other marques below on the list for a 100 miles to the venue, this should be quite a sight on the motorway, no doubt a few more owners will add their car to the growing list :2tu:

its a charity SuperCar day sponsored by Ferrari UK and the public pay a small fee to see the cars up close and get a 20 minute ride in certain vehicles, there's also Aston Martins test track available to put the cars through the paces !

There will be even more sports car club marques going direct to the venue usually around 20 or so Lotus, TVR, Porsche, a couple of F40's etc, and a few specials including a K'egg, hopefully a McLaren F1, and AM's DB9 Race Car

There should be around 10 vipers going

2 X Ferrari 512 BB
1 X Maserati 3200
1 X Ferrari 355
3 X Ferrari 360
1 X Ferrari Mondial
1 X Ferrari 456
1 X Ferrari 550 Maranello
16 X Lamborghini Diablo
15 X Lamborghini Countach
5 X Lamborghini Murcielago
11 X Gallardo
2 X Lamborghini Urraco
1 X Lamborghini Miura
1 X McLaren Mercedes SLR
1 X Jaguar XJ220
2 X Mercedes SL65
1 X TVR Griffith
2 X Aston Martin Vanquish
1 X Alfa Romeo SZ
2 X Bugatti EB110 SS
1 X Noble GTO
1 X Bentley CGT
1 X Bentley Arnage
1 X Lotus Exige
1 X Porsche 993 Targa
1 X Peugeot 205 Rally Car

2001ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: How\'s this for a convoy !

Wow, that's definitely an awesome list of cars. Make sure you get a lot of pics for us :2tu:

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

But enough about your garage!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I wish ! the XJ220 would be a bit of a squeeze but I'm sure I could try fitting them all in :)

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Simply incredible...Im bouncing all over the wall just looking at that list..Neil take lots of pics, maybe even video especially of the Mclaren F1 :cool: . Any one of the Vipers going can test that Mclaren F1 that might be showing up? Though these are really high dollar hardware and guys will be real careful, Im sure you guys will be doing some highway pulls hehe...

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neil...Pic's for sure..or you will be banished to Corvette Land Forever. :eek:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

GEEEZE! I'm creaming my pants!
You gotta get an mpeg made of this!

the UK club is going to a meet this Sunday and 'cruising' with some other marques below on the list for a 100 miles to the venue, this should be quite a sight on the motorway, no doubt a few more owners will add their car to the growing list :2tu:

its a charity SuperCar day sponsored by Ferrari UK and the public pay a small fee to see the cars up close and get a 20 minute ride in certain vehicles, there's also Aston Martins test track available to put the cars through the paces !

There will be even more sports car club marques going direct to the venue usually around 20 or so Lotus, TVR, Porsche, a couple of F40's etc, and a few specials including a K'egg, hopefully a McLaren F1, and AM's DB9 Race Car

There should be around 10 vipers going

2 X Ferrari 512 BB
1 X Maserati 3200
1 X Ferrari 355
3 X Ferrari 360
1 X Ferrari Mondial
1 X Ferrari 456
1 X Ferrari 550 Maranello
16 X Lamborghini Diablo
15 X Lamborghini Countach
5 X Lamborghini Murcielago
11 X Gallardo
2 X Lamborghini Urraco
1 X Lamborghini Miura
1 X McLaren Mercedes SLR
1 X Jaguar XJ220
2 X Mercedes SL65
1 X TVR Griffith
2 X Aston Martin Vanquish
1 X Alfa Romeo SZ
2 X Bugatti EB110 SS
1 X Noble GTO
1 X Bentley CGT
1 X Bentley Arnage
1 X Lotus Exige
1 X Porsche 993 Targa
1 X Peugeot 205 Rally Car

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

one day to go :2tu: camera's are ready, lots of one handed driving seems in order

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I got a co pilot just to do videoing (and he wanted to go in the viper).....
Baz :2tu: :2tu:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess I left a few days too early :mad:

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PICS HERE

a great day, fab cars and turnout all sorts of shiney stuff, no show from the McL F1 or K'egg, guys had some fun 160 mph laps around the track behind a pace car, Paul surprized a few with his new mamba SRT :2tu:

a couple of UK vipers did well in the tongue in cheek competions 2nd in the exhaust sound off behind a gum ball lambo and 3rd in the fav car of the show, behind a Bugatti and Noble

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Been waiting for these Neil thanks.....

edit: Got em :2tu:

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Neil: Thanks for the 100 images ! Looks like there was an Italian Tour de' Force. Very cool stuff from everywhere. Must have been fun doing those high speed laps.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didnt go on track, those that did were quite lucky as its a secure area and never open to the public, the runners had to hand in all photography equipment including cellular camera phones. 4 car wide road with sweeping bends, was mentioned.

I searched for track pics on the net beforehand and drew a blank, to give people an idea of what to expect... They were supposed to keep below 70mph with a pace car upfront and rear, think the organisers meant 2nd gear ;)

Seems Paul had fun running his new motor in a little above the recommmended mph :2tu:

ViperDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yep we were told we had to hand in our cameras and phones, which we dutifully did, honestly :smirk: Not that there was anything worth snapping other than our cars on the track.

The track time was very short lived and we were a little uncertain as to the layout making it difficult to push too hard. But as we were at the back of the pack the pace car had long gone by the time we filtered onto the track. It would have been rude of us not to try and catch up when we saw the long straight. We kept it below 170 like they said, I’m sure they said 170, others thought they heard 70 but they must have been mistaken, I’m sure.

There was more traffic the second time we got to the straight and we all had to park up for a photo at the end so again we didn’t get to go hell for leather. It wasn’t the longest track session in the world by any means but was a good bit of fun and rest in the AC of the car having stood out all morning in the hottest weather the UK gets.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

You guys are just having too much fun! Coolest bunch of cars, what an atmosphere there must have been in the air, charged with automotive fury. Thanks for the pics!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GREAT PICs. Thanks for sharing!