Hydraulic Line to Slave Cylinder Disconnect?

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a trick to releasing the quick disconnect, without having to buy the "special tool"??? Last item, and my tranny is out, for the clutch replacement...

Any tips???

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Real simple - two stubby flat blade screw drivers, run them parallel to the fitting and on opposite sides of the fitting, then, depress the white plastic disconnect fingers into the fitting, it will pop right off.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

Where the stainless hose meets the slave cylinder connection you'll find a white nylon collar. That white collar needs to be depressed inward towards the slave cylinder to release the hose. There is a special tool made to make this job less of a hassle, but the job can be done without it if necessary. Push the stainless hose in towards the slave cylinder and depress the white nylon collar with (2) small flat blade screw drives and pull the line out away from the slave cylinder. If you can't get that to work, call me with your address and I'll ship you the tool. Be sure not to destroy the collar while trying to depress it though.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone needs a replacement white nylon collar for the clutch slave cylinder connection, I've got some spares. When they eliminated the connector on the trucks I had a bag of them in my toolbox at work.

Somehow they found their way into my toolbox at home. :rolleyes:
(It was that or the trash can at work and that would have been a waste).

If you need one contact me at [email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960