I can fill the car up...

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend so much time reading about Vipers, watching videos of Vipers, driving my Viper, talking about Vipers.....You get my point. I think we probably all share this obsession. But I don't know jack about anything mechanical! I want to be able to work on the car and do some of my own maintenance slash installations. Where can I learn to do this. Is there a book or a website or something I can read? I'm at Michigan State Universiry in their pre-med program, so it's not like I want to be a mechanic or go to some school for this type of stuff. I just want to be knowledgeable about my Viper. I want to be the guy that hears a noise and knows what it is and how to fix it or orders a part, jacks the car up and puts it on.

...or at least changes the oil. :D

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your already here. Check out the DIY Illustrated area or do a search for whatever you want to do. :2tu:

V

Venomiss

This might be a good idea for you. Meet other Viper owners in your area. Our club has tech days and many in our local club are a great source of information and fun.
Here's the nearest club to you:

http://www.mcvo.net/

If that doesn't work than the search button can help: the Illustrated section is for VCA members and if you have questions this can help.
http://forums.viperclub.org/showthread.php?t=606962

When you get your '08 you and your family look up this-
http://www.viperdays.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I spend so much time reading about Vipers, watching videos of Vipers, driving my Viper, talking about Vipers...... But I don't know jack about anything mechanical! I want to be able to work on the car and do some of my own maintenance slash installations. Where can I learn to do this. Is there a book or a website or something I can read? I'm at Michigan State Universiry in their pre-med program, so it's not like I want to be a mechanic or go to some school for this type of stuff. I just want to be knowledgeable about my Viper. I want to be the guy that hears a noise and knows what it is and how to fix it or orders a part, jacks the car up and puts it on.

...or at least changes the oil. :D

I learned by doing it and reading service manuals. The first thing is to make an attempt of the repair or service. You have service manuals, the internet, ect. I listen to guys all the time even my employees (auto techs) with "I don't know how or I've never done it before". Well it's no different than SEX. Try it and if You f-mess it up someone can always fix it. You'll never be able to do it if you just say you don't know how. I'm learning investments now from a book and trying it. Don't think I'll pass med school though, whoops there we go!!!:lmao: :2tu:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
The service manual is fantastic for giving step by step directions on servicing a Viper. The only challenge is some of the special tools that are required for some of the items. I bought a CD version and it is spectacular for every little detail.

OP
OP
J

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I learned by doing it and reading service manuals. The first thing is to make an attempt of the repair or service. You have service manuals, the internet, ect. I listen to guys all the time even my employees (auto techs) with "I don't know how or I've never done it before". Well it's no different than SEX. Try it and if You f-mess it up someone can always fix it. You'll never be able to do it if you just say you don't know how. I'm learning investments now from a book and trying it. Don't think I'll pass med school though, whoops there we go!!!:lmao: :2tu:

If it's anything like sex I'll mess it up at least the first 10 times :( ......

Just kidding! :2tu: Thanks for all the resources.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te