I dream of vipers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lidquidsilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm 14 closing in on 15. I live in Sagemount a suburb of Houston (outside the loop near I-45). I know who I am and what I like. I told my father that I wanted a Viper ACR. Here's how it went. At first he laughed at me then I told him about my plan. Since I'll be 15 when I put it into action I don't have to deal with the cost of living. So if I get a full-time job and I get at least $6.50 and hour on the 60 month payment plan I'll be able to afford it. You do the math. Then my father tells me that if I have 12 grand by the end of the year he'll go with it. The last piece that I need is a job and some advice.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sound like a great plan, but what grayman means is... You haven't even started to drive yet, and this is soooo much car for even an experienced driver, it would be very dangerous in the hands of someone with little or no experience. Plus I would like to see the insurance premium on a 15 year old with a Viper. If your Dad really loves you he will let you learn in something less risky and live to see your 16th birthday. Keep dreaming though, and don't let anyone tell you you can achieve those dreams!
cool.gif

paul

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey man I think that is a pretty good plan but with a full time job and still in highschool how are you going to swing that and still get your education? I got my Viper when I was 17 and worked my *** off over the summer to show that I was willing to work. I played sports through highschool and everyday after school I was busy so I didn't get to work afternoons. Your education and chilhood should not be wasted for a Viper, trust me, if you want one that bad you will get it one day. I drove a Nissan 300ZX through highschool and still drive it on rainy days. You also have to have a great trust between you and your parents. You can get in trouble in a hurry, it only takes one stupid mistake and everyone our age makes a mistake sooner or later, and that one mistake in a Viper could put you in jail or six feet under. I suggest you get some experience first with another car and save your money till you get older. But good luck with your dream and I hope that one day you can get one, they are great cars but everyone here knows how tricky they can be to drive, and I don't mean to sound like someones Dad and lecture you but I thought I would tell you my point of view. Good luck man.

OP
OP
L

Lidquidsilver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's either now or never on getting a viper! Because only now ,while I'm still living at home where the cost of living is zero, is that I can afford it. I know that if I put my mind and work my *** off I'll get it. I'm not stupid enough to risk my life or my car on pride. I talk to my father and my brother if I let them drive they'll pitch in on the insurance, since I will not be driving till I'm 18. My father doesn't care about the price since it's not coming out of his pocket. Besides he works at Ace Hardware between me and my the rest of the family he sure as hell wouldn't be able to afford it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant