I finally did it!

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, after dreaming the dream for 15 years and actively pursuing it for the past 3 years, I finally pulled the trigger. I just got back from IL picking up my new to me 2004 SRT-10 convertible with 25,000 miles!! :headbang: It has a few mods including an 08 hood, Roe Racing VEC3, Autoform roll bar, and Magnaflow exhaust (I believe rear cats are deleted, this is the loudest car I've ever owned). Definitely gonna get new tires ASAP, but looking for a nice set of wheels at the same time.

It's still kind of surreal, and I keep going out into the garage to make sure I'm not dreaming yet.

Now, onto the obligatory pics:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

It is not a 100% car, and will require some TLC, but I got it for a great price that I couldn't pass up.

I would like to thank everyone who has helped me along the way and answered many many many questions, and helped me out in oh so many ways. The VCA truly is the greatest car club on the planet, and to show my appreciation I joined as a Venom member right away!

:usa::headbang:

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, and what a good looking, car, sounds like you got some great Mods also:D Now its time to enjoy!!! Good to see you got the Viper sticker on the wall already !!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car and nice mods good luck with it!
Now go research the detailing threads and get that black finish up to *****....:2tu:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, on finally landing one :2tu: I know the feeling and it's hard to beat :headbang:

Junkman videos will be your friend. I saw these pictures of a perfectly detailed black Viper awhile back, and it made me say Wow black cars are beautiful!

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

I did the same thing you did, Venom member day 1 for the same reasons :usa:

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I agree, they are great starting mods. Next on the list is lowering springs and caps, tinted windows, new wheels and she'll be set!

Those are great pictures, it is an amazing task to get black paint to shine like that!

jsarker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! Car looks great already, and I'm sure it'll look even better with a lower stance and some new wheels.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! I bought my black 03 with similar mileage last year. Great fun. As you have noted, before ANY other mods, replace those run-flats asap.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats, my first one was black and TLC is always needed with black. But it looks sweet when done properly.

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car you have their, Where did it come from? If you are in Aplleton you should look up Pat Wynek. He has a 92 and 93 Viper.

Bruce

OP
OP
C

C.Hermsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

It is originally a North Carolina car, but I got it down in IL.

I do live in Appleton, I have never seen any gen 1s around here. I'll have to keep my eyes open for him!

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! My first snake was black, and once you go black...oh, never mind. (Not true, coz now I have yellow).

Anyway...have fun and be safe!!

1st Strike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the new car!! It's a nice feeling to pinch yourself and see that the car is still there!!! The Illinois club still has a few events yet this year. You should check them out.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That does not go away. I can still kill time before I realize I am staring and I need to be somewhere and I am then 15 min late! :rolaugh:

Congrats and welcome (officially) to the Funny Farm! :yay:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte