I Found a New Toy -- and it Really Works !!

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALL,
This device is not Viper unique; however, if you do not have a radio/head with Ipod input, or other storage media input, this might be for you. As you can see from the picture, input can be from 1) USB Flash Drive, 2) SD Card, or 3) from your Ipod or other device with Headphone Out. I personally am using SD cards (1 and 2 GB), and have several loaded with up to about 450 songs.
It will play MP3 and/or WMA; just copy, from your computer, your downloaded MP3/WMA files to the SD Card or USB Flash Drive. JUST PLUG INTO YOUR POWER OUTLET (Cigarette lighter).
You tune your FM radio to an unused frequency, and tune the FM Transmitter to that same frequency and listen to your songs through your car speakers (stereo). It has volume control, and track selection (forward/back).
It will transmit up to 100 to 150 feet; I had my wife listen (same FM Frequency) in her car as we drove, and at that distance, she could hear just fine.
No, you do not need an FCC license to use/transmit.
Have fun. Later,

Mach Speed Wireless FM Transmitter for MP3 Player with SD Card Slot/USB - MP3-CARTUNES DX - Buy.com

FM_Transmitter_001.jpg

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a similar unit (different manufacturer) and it works GREAT!

I listen to IPOD music on my stock head unit all the time. :2tu:

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i find fm transponders don't work all that good. the sound quality is that of an analog frequency. if you have a cassette on the unit, you can buy a cassette adapter and then plug that into your ipod. better than cd quality comes out. also, 15-20 bucks for the adapter. if you don't have cassette, then transponder or new deck are your only options.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i find fm transponders don't work all that good. the sound quality is that of an analog frequency. if you have a cassette on the unit, you can buy a cassette adapter and then plug that into your ipod. better than cd quality comes out. also, 15-20 bucks for the adapter. if you don't have cassette, then transponder or new deck are your only options.

I agree!
I have found that with certain cars/stock radios those Fm transmitters work better or worse, most of the time you will hear that annoying alternator whine. I have tried about 3 different transmitters and was not happy with the sound quality on any of them.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
iPod Integration all the way. Wireless will never be as good. There is something that can always interfere with it. The sound quality is just not as good as direct connection.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is interesting to read about the loss of sound quality with these units since you already lose plenty of sound quality by just using an iPod by itself. (Audiophiles Against iPods - AAI)
:D

D

DAMN YANKEE

Think that is cool, just wait.
I carry all the music I want to hear on...CDs.
These things are round, flat and you can get alot of them in a very little space.
These things have all my music programed on them and I found a slot in my car that they fit!
Seriously, they go right in, no wires or stuff sticking out of my dash. Needless to say, I was some surprised!
I even found the stock stereo lets me control the songs..., just by pressing a button!
It works perfectly and cost me .35 for each CD!

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Think that is cool, just wait.
I carry all the music I want to hear on...CDs.
These things are round, flat and you can get alot of them in a very little space.
These things have all my music programed on them and I found a slot in my car that they fit!
Seriously, they go right in, no wires or stuff sticking out of my dash. Needless to say, I was some surprised!
I even found the stock stereo lets me control the songs..., just by pressing a button!
It works perfectly and cost me .35 for each CD!

Wow! That's what those are? Now I know what to do! Thanks for informing the blonde over here!!:D

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's an iPod? Is that something you park your Viper in over the winter? :dunno:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960