I got to ride in a SRT drift car!

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the carshow I went to yesterday (sponsored by Mopar), they had a SRT drifting Viper doing some demonstrations. We heard over the loud speaker anyone who wanted a chance to ride in it to go to the stage. The DJ said he'd ask some trivia questions and those who answered one correctly could ride along during one of the demonstrations. The 1st two trivia questions noone knew the answer to, and the 3rd question was this brain teaser "What was the 1st year the Viper was produced?" LOL. The driver, Samuel, is a hell of a driver! I figured we were gonna wreck atleast 5 times. My friend stayed at the stage so he could win a chance to ride-along, so I just gave my camera to a guy in the audience and asked him to take some pics. He also got some video on my camera phone that I'll post as soon as I find a place to host it. My friend came over to watch when we started and got a lot of shots of us on the track which I'll post as soon as I get them from him.

By the way, they dynoed this car earlier in the day and it [put down 487RWHP (not sure about torque). Samuel didnt seem too happy with this reading and told the dyno guy they dynoed 100RWHP more a year ago.
9192100_2188-med.jpg

9192100_2190-med.jpg

9192100_2193-med.jpg

9192100_2192-med.jpg

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had thought they were using the comp coupe. However the one in the picture is a convertible with an Autoform top.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very cool Chad!

Phil Formula D series comes to NJ in September at Wall Stadium. Most likely there's gonna be lots of kids but I plan on meeting with Sam.

GR8 ASP, Formula D disallowed the CC after the first year since Sam was so dominant and won the championship. They were told (SRT/Mopar) it most be a production/dealer car that had to be stripped. (Nearly all the cars in the series are built this way.)

Therefore the CC was a scratch built race car. Sam's been using the SRT-10 for two years now. He was scheduled to use the new Dodge Charger but that hasn't happened just yet, as Sam is leading in points with the viper...again.

Autoformsteve

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had thought they were using the comp coupe. However the one in the picture is a convertible with an Autoform top.
They were kicked out with the comp coupe. I believe since it wasn't a street car, but don't quote me. The top looks great doesn't it?

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Banning the CC was lame... if you can't beat em, ban them.

I guess if LeMans can insist upon a 40% intake restriction the ricers can demand a DMV title. Though I'd love to know how they get those Skylines and Chasers entered if there is a "Street Legal" rule in place.

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THATS JUST NOT FAIR..........

Gets pics of all the women and gets a go in the drift SRT...

Way to go Chad :2tu: :2tu:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that's cool as *****. You lucky Basssssturd.

I love to take a course on drifting from Hubinette. It would be worth the set of tires.

Can you imagine being able to control a Viper in a long sweeping drift like that?

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skip Barber offers a Drifting program. :)

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

KMODStang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW!!! He gets really close to the crowd!!! Looks like fun!

Yeah he does! I figured we were going to take out a couple bystanders!

Did you feel blowing chunks?

I’ve ridden with some professional drivers on road courses, and I’ll always happy when we get back to the pits without puke on the windshield.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajya