I hate most people, they have no respect and are a waste

PirateViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn ive never had any trouble in years of owning vipers.Ive taken em to college football games and all sorts of venues.Maybe people in NC are a little more respectful.....better knock on wood though!

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is not a daily driver. If you buy it to drive it then you will have scratches, door dings, butt prints on the hood, gum on the stripes roasting in the hot sun, etc.. Get a ****** if you want to keep the car out of harms way. Its just part of the program.
That's right, call it a price of admission. Not any different than a ********* walking alone through a dark rough neighborhood alone and complaining about being ***** afterwards. COMMON SENSE is what this is about.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn ive never had any trouble in years of owning vipers.Ive taken em to college football games and all sorts of venues.Maybe people in NC are a little more respectful.....better knock on wood though!
Long time ago, I had someone go over my 3k VR4 with a box cutter, over 13k in damage, I have wised up once and for all very quickly.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear your troubles dude! This **** has happened to me before with my Vette and it was a lesson well learned! It's just not worth it to drive these cars daily and leave them unattended! Either that or buy an Alarm that warns you when someone is near your car, and run out and kick ass whenever some is near it.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To me the whole point of using a daily driver is not so much to protect your fun car-- it's so I don't have to worry about protecting my fun car! Having to "keep an eye on it" isn't something I really want to do anymore. The Viper is a weekend, special occasion car for me and that's about it. I used a 911 for a daily driver for several years and it eventually got hit with an egg while parked, damaging the hood paint, and later kicked in the door (with little permanent damage). I've accepted that cars will pick up dings as you use them, but it does **** when it's intentional vandalism. As relaxing as it is to drive a car you don't care about, maybe part of the excitement of driving an enthusiast vehicle is the risk factor every time you take it out on the road?

webby

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had my car keyed and caught a few drunk girls leaning / sitting on the car. But other than that no trouble as a daily driver for the past 8 months. It helps living in Chicago where there are a ton of much nicer cars than mine.

Timnineside

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel that pain had some D bag kick my bumper cover the other day. Left black streak marks. Luckily they came off after some serious scrubbing. I still daily drive the car, but I tell you what the day I come out and catch someone will be the last day that person is capable of walking on there own.

Sonoman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't bother. They'll just book you for assault and you'll have a lifetime criminal record for defending your property. A buddy of mine just pointed his car in the direction of some clowns in a parking lot who were throwing things at him and got arrested for "assault with a deadly weapon". Finally got off, but it was a big PITA for nothing. Another guy I knew spent a night in jail for throwing a punch at some **** who carelessly threw open the door into the side of his recently custom-painted '69 Olds 442. These are no-win situations, unfortunately.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My family and friends think I'm crazy when I say I want a house on top of a mountain in NC with many many acres of property between next neighbor. Maybe it's time to make a move to a rural area. I agree about the state of the country, and the world. It's sad and I wish I was around at an earlier time.

Last edited:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's all happening when the car is in the same place and it's not happened to other cars parked in the spot, it's just one **** who's been attracted to the car for some reason.

Your car may have a stalker

Viper808

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wouldn't leave my car in my own driveway overnight ...I wouldn't be able to sleep.....thinking about all the possible ways something would happen to it...Just it getting rained on would kill me... I wouldn't own a Viper if I didn't have a garage....Many years ago when I lived in an apartment all kinds of crap happened to my Vette and Z28 .People just have no respect for other peoples property...mostly because they have never had anything nice or if they did they trashed it and lost it , and blamed it on something else rather than their own ignorance and lack of appreciation. We all work very hard to achieve the things in life and most of us here really appreciate what we have..I know I do.

With that said , I have to admit I have had thoughts of flicking a booger or two on a Porsche every now and then :rolaugh: But I would never do it .. So I guess its a matter of self control , proper up-bringing and respecting other peoples property.. and then there are just some people who are just plain clueless.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Skuff happens...

Paul, I still haven't used the cover I got from you, awesome looking piece by the way.

It is not my fault that this skuff happened, but it is my fault if I don't take action to end it.
I will report back with my success.
There will be no violence, I will use my brain to outsmart the nice respectful folks.
Unfortunately they will have to find another hobby.

JAY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your luck , I try to keep mine insight otherwise I take my other car . Sad world we live in :(

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about your luck. Also, if you don't have a garage, don't buy a Viper. That's how I did it even though I could have gotten one sooner. It ***** that these days people don't respect property but that's the way it is. Too many people in this country get stuff for free and we all know what happens when you get something you didn't earn. There is no value to it. Envy is being fostered full speed ahead by many in power. It breeds all sorts of nasty behavior. /off soapbox

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use my 2010 ACR as a daily driver and have not had any problems so far. I work from home though, so I don't have to deal with commuting or parking for extended periods in public.

I do park it somewhere in public just about every day though, and follow these guidelines:

* Always park in a very visible place so vandals would be afraid of being seen.

* If at a coffee shop, restaurant, etc, park some nearby so I can see it from inside. I've busted a couple of people (always young men) getting too cosy with the car for pictures.

* Don't put any political, religious, sports team, or otherwise controversial stickers, sports flags, window clings, etc on it.

* Never take up two or more parking spots ... always park within the lines. This always ****** somebody off and they use it as justification to vandalize your car.

* At night, park under a street lamp / parking lot lamp. If necessary, I'll drive around until I find a suitable spot.

* Never park it in front of a bar. Somebody in a crowd of drunks will *always* mess with a nice car.

* Never park it in the party/bar district on nights or weekends.

* Tip well at all restaurants, bars, coffee shops, and strip clubs ... so the employees will look out for your car.

* Whenever somebody comes up to you while parked and wants to take pics of the car, or chat about cars, always oblige them. If you're really cool and pleasant, they'll respect your car. If you're a ****, ignore them, or tell them you're too busy to chat for three minutes, they might vandalize your car next time they see it.

* Be a good, friendly person. If you piss off a romantic partner or neighbor, they might take it out on your car.

* Never, ever use valet parking.

* My appearance might help deter vandals a bit too ... big bearded guy covered in tattoos, wearing an Iron Maiden t-shirt, and packing a S&W .44 Magnum.

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had my car for 7.5 years, (60k worth of driving) and I've been lucky: keyed once (almost sure that was a girl I broke up with the previous week, so not blaming mankind for that...just her being crazy lol) and spit on once (no idea who), and I'm a lot more liberal with my car than most. I don't park it in the ghetto overnight, but many times I've parked it at a mall, left it in a parking lot to go to the beach for a couple hours, etc.

Where I lived in GA, it was a lot of trashy people, but me and the car were well known, so that may have helped keep the vandalizing down. When someone approaches me in a parking lot, I always take time to let them take pics, see the engine, sit in it, etc. I figure being nice is certainly a better way to be than being a ****** and having them key in it once I walk inside a store.

In FL, its a bunch of older people (ofcourse), so I don't see them as much as a threat as the younger kids.

I understand that some people just ****, and I do have full coverage insurance on it if someone does seriously mess with it. Now if I catch them in the act, it'd be a very ugly scene.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF owning the car is really and truly causing you to hate people get rid of it. I do not take the title of this thread literally - just sayin. If you are becoming bitter then it will only attract more of the same.

I have fortunatly never had a problem.
I do from time to time leave the car out of my site but in plain view of others. Such as going to the movies - note there is a police presence at the threatre and I park where the poilice can see it. I have seen lambos and other exotics parked here as well. I do take two parking spots but only when parked away from others. As noted above I take the time to talk to people.

KDR83

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry IDM, I will drive my Viper up from Miami and than no one will notice or vandalize your car :)

ohlarikd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*****! You just got the car, how can this all happen so quickly? I luckily haven't had any issues in NJ. I don't really go anywhere suspicious or leave it out too long. There are lots of expensive and nice cars in Florida - I don't understand all the crap that is happening.

I would follow all those guidelines from tatooed. I do double-space park sometimes, but far far away. If there is no good parking, I just don't park it.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
*****! You just got the car, how can this all happen so quickly? I luckily haven't had any issues in NJ. I don't really go anywhere suspicious or leave it out too long. There are lots of expensive and nice cars in Florida - I don't understand all the crap that is happening.

I would follow all those guidelines from tatooed. I do double-space park sometimes, but far far away. If there is no good parking, I just don't park it.

Thanks a lot, it is just unlucky I suppose, there's one person trying to piss me off mainly and that has been all but one event.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't worry IDM, I will drive my Viper up from Miami and than no one will notice or vandalize your car :)

That is true it's good looking! I can iron my clothes on your wing before we go out. Haha it looks good though I cant slam it