I hate most people, they have no respect and are a waste

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my dream car for 1 month now. A 05 commemorative with 6,800 miles.

Since then coffee or other liquid has been spilled on it 3 times, it has been written on twice with ball point pen, and tonight was the worse. I saw a smudge on the windshield and guessed that someone sat there to take a picture.
Looking closer I see heel marks on my hood and the path they took to get on the car.

These things have happened at work in a nice part of town and tonight in a back parking lot at a quiet apartment. Luckily there has been no damage that hasnt come off but at this rate Im severely worried.

Tampa is a party city with a lot of young people. I am so disgusted and hurt that I don't even feel mad. This car is flawless and in less than a month things have happened to it that I wouldnt let someone do if they paid me 10,000.

Instead of getting mad I want to fix the problem. My thoughts are cover it everywhere, try not to drive it anywhere where there will be "people", get an alarm, get a motion detecting camera to see if I can catch the regular culprit at work. I know this sounds insane and I never expected it. My friends with nice cars have had similar stories but this has never happened to either of my Corvettes or any other of my 8 cars once in the same scenarios and places. If I can not put a complete end to this I will sadly sell the car to keep it in perfect shape. Does anyone have problems like this? What would you do? This reminds me of the country song "people throw rocks at things that shine." I am worried about catching someone in the act, and what my response will be.

Last edited:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you need a garage and a ****** car to get around, otherwise, you are better off selling the car to save yourself headaches. Even with corvette, eventually, someone will try to trash it.
I have had my dream car for 1 month now. A 05 commemorative with 6,800 miles.

Since then coffee or other liquid has been spilled on it 3 times, it has been written on twice with ball point pen, and tonight was the worse. I saw a smudge on the windshield and guessed that someone sat there to take a picture.
Looking closer I see heel marks on my hood and the path they took to get on the car.

These things have happened at work in a nice part of town and tonight in a back parking lot at a quiet apartment. Luckily there has been no damage that hasnt come off but at this rate Im severely worried.

Tampa is a party city with a lot of young people. I am so disgusted and hurt that I don't even feel mad. This car is flawless and in less than a month things have happened to it that I wouldnt let someone do if they paid me 10,000.

Instead of getting mad I want to fix the problem. My thoughts are cover it everywhere, try not to drive it anywhere where there will be "people", get an alarm, get a motion detecting camera to see if I can catch the regular culprit at work. I know this sounds insane and I never expected it. My friends with nice cars have had similar stories but this has never happened to either of my Corvettes or any other of my 8 cars once in the same scenarios and places. If I can not put a complete end to this I will sadly sell the car to keep it in perfect shape. Does anyone have problems like this? What would you do? This reminds me of the country song "people throw rocks at things that shine." I am worried about catching someone in the act, and what my response will be.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None of these things happened at my house. I had two Corvettes for 7 years and not one thing ever happened. Not trying to argue your points but I need to get to the root of the problem and solutions.
To me it seems that I am going to have to cover it everywhere I go so people don't see what type of car it is. You are advising to leave it in my garage a lot and barely drive it? Why would people do this to something so nice that someone else treasures?

Last edited:

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
man that stinks, and you are taking it better than most

it is the same entitled mentality that says "i'm angry, so i'll go shoot some kindergartners"

i am selective where i take my viper, though it has seen it's share of walmart parking lots

haters will hate, and they are in the majority now :usa:

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then get a ****** car. I never take my vette or viper anywhere I cannot see it after parking it. Envy is very common among those who have nothing.
None of these things happened at my house. I had two Corvettes for 7 years and not one thing ever happened.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is my daily driver. My car gets considerably more attention that I would like so I am not sure how you managed with your vette to remain unnoticed.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

None of these things happened at my house. I had two Corvettes for 7 years and not one thing ever happened. Not trying to argue your points but I need to get to the root of the problem and solutions.
To me it seems that I am going to have to cover it everywhere I go so people don't see what type of car it is. You are advising to leave it in my garage a lot and barely drive it? Why would people do this to something so nice that someone else treasures?

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were noticed, I got many more looks and stares in my last Corvette than the Viper does because it was modified in every way.

But nobody ever vandalized once, no less 6 events in 1 month

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They were noticed, I got many more looks and stares in my last Corvette than the Viper does because it was modified in every way.

But nobody ever vandalized once, no less 6 events in 1 month
does not sound like anyone vandalized your car (yet?) where permanent damage happened. If stuff is meant to happen, it will, this is why insurance is there. Be selective where you park and cover your car if you are away for extended period of time. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do, many haters out there, this is why a ****** car is always a good idea.

1994viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I feel for you. I live in a condo, and the stuff that my car suffered is bad too. I cover the car for the winter, and some jealous s#$% threw a coffee on it. Luckily it wasn’t the hood, but the lower part of the front bumper. I noticed this in the spring, and the acid from the coffee soaked through the cover and ate the clear coat away on the paint. My hood was slightly scratched by someone sitting on it also. I actually caught an old lady one day who had rested her purse on the hood, I asked her if I could help her, or if she had a problem? " oh, is this your car? I'm sorry" well… F$%^, what if it isn’t my car, you do it anyway? She takes her bag away. Seriously, if some punk a$% kids doing something like that, I can understand it, but a grandmother? And Im talking about a well-dressed non-crack-pipe type of old woman. I have found palm prints and lipstick kisses on the car. The last I didn't mind :) But when I bought it, I knew what exactly I was buying in to, and wasn't looking for a perfect car to begin with.
Sorry to hear that you got similar issues.
I decided that will try to stress less about those things and just enjoy the drive, because if I have to worry about whether to take my car out or not too much, the fun part would grow in to a misery for me.

latamud

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That *****. I daily drove my Viper to work on base and to a few local places in Tampa for about 4 weeks. I never had any problems. I left it parked near other cars at the grocery store, Home Depot with the top down and even the mall. Maybe I've just gotten lucky. I don't plan to daily drive my Viper when I get home though.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sadly, few people think of the other guy first.

"It's all about me!" seems to be a common thought in the world.

Vandalizing someones car is cowardly. That behavior is described in Atlas Shrugged...

Last edited:

Mopar488

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never leave a Viper out of my sight. On the few times I have been away from it, I could see it. When someone gets to close, they get a horn blast from the lock button on the remote. It does happens with Vettes too. I just had a conversation with a friend of mine that somebody hocked a *** of tobacco on it. A lot of jealous people never get past being 13 years old. Just be prudent with your Viper and realize that not everybody is a fan.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I never leave a Viper out of my sight. On the few times I have been away from it, I could see it. When someone gets to close, they get a horn blast from the lock button on the remote. It does happens with Vettes too. I just had a conversation with a friend of mine that somebody hocked a *** of tobacco on it. A lot of jealous people never get past being 13 years old. Just be prudent with your Viper and realize that not everybody is a fan.

I don't either. If I take it to a restuarant, I sit where I can see outside. It always draws attention. One afternoon I was at a restaurant, and witnessed a guy with 2 drunk girls spot it and make a bee-line out of their way right to it. They proceeded to have their own photo shoot with the girls draped on the car. My first thoughts as I jumped up and ran out of the restaurant were of rivets on jeans, zippers, etc. I yelled at them to get the hell off my car. Of course in their condition, I was the bad guy that ruined their fun!

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your experience. I do not leave my car in public places and the only time I did for a short time when I had a friend of mine with me and he stayed with the car. When I get a chance to take it to work its parked right in front of my office, it does not leave my sight. There are some f....up people out there who are not fans or just point blank jealous and spike full.
I would definitely cover the car up and do get a ****** to alternate and take to malls, shopping centers. At the rate you are going .....

Voodoo Rob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper is not a daily driver. If you buy it to drive it then you will have scratches, door dings, butt prints on the hood, gum on the stripes roasting in the hot sun, etc.. Get a ****** if you want to keep the car out of harms way. Its just part of the program.

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive learned the hardway, i just dont leave my car where i cant see it. Went to the show with my 08-ZO6 that was parked all by itself, some ********* majic markered the hood. Lesson well learned, never again. A-holes all around us is a understatement...

1bad540

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Def dont leave it un attended. People are douches. I have had a few experiences in the past myself.

Derek Short

Viper Owner
Reaction score
can't agree more with a few of the above posters. I never leave my car unattended. thats the only way to do it if you want to keep you car safe from A-holes!

Ive got almost a horror story about my viper. I went into a jack in the box to eat because i don't eat or drink in my car. when i came out after eating i was walking back to my car. opened the door and right as im opening the door this dude, a dead beat looser comes up and see's i have a nice car and thinks oh this dude has money he will give me some... dude is begging for a hand out and im not about to support some dead beat looser with a free handout. so i say no man. dude quickly cops a attitude with me and as i get ready to get into my car to leave he come up to the side of my car and is literally halfway ready to kick the side of my car. mid-swing he realizes with the 2 brain cells he has that if he kick my car 2 things are gonna happen... he is gonna hurt his poor little foot. and get his ass kicked. lucky for him and my car he used his 2 brain cells.

OP
OP
IDM

IDM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will work to solve so this doesnt happen again

PatentLaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am with the others posting above. I don't leave my car out for others. Not trying to bash you for doing it.

Thanks for posting however. It is a good warning for others on the pitfalls, especially in your area. You may have prevented it from
happening to another car.

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow... that's horrible to hear! When I've had the opportunity to drive my car, I've never witnessed anything bad happen to it. I do my best to keep it in sight when I take it out, but there have been times where watching it was impossible. Thankfully, no harm has been done.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We live in a country that has no respect for private property anymore. We pay people not to work and not have work ethic. So, no surprise anymore that people have no respect for rewards of hard work.

Shame really. It is our culture more than anything that is in ruins.

People drop $6k clear bra'ing their entire cars now to protect against keying, egging, markers, it is pathetic it needs to be done.

TexasTorred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then get a ****** car. I never take my vette or viper anywhere I cannot see it after parking it. Envy is very common among those who have nothing.

+2...I don't take it anywhere I can't keep my eyes on it. Not even running into stores.....as there are too damn many losers out there..... The "one time" I parked it 'away' at WallyWorld (walmart), the local teenagers thought it would be fun to 'box it in on both sides" and spit on the windshield a few times.

Oh what went through my mind----I contemplated a little retaliation. But, I'm better than that and this would make me no different then the yahoos that boxed me in.

Growing up....from Ferraris to Yugos--I always respected people's property. (Well, there was a few Corvettes---Just KIDDING!)

Times and the country have changed......Ok, where's my daily ******....

Last edited:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take a look around, not to rain on your complaint here, but the concept of code, honor, morality, courtesy,..........wait how about basic tenets, have been flushed down the toilet. Who shoots up a school of kids. Oh wait how about at the mall or the movie theatre. I do feel for you, however we live in a time of despair for many people. If your driving a car around that's quite a bit nicer than most of your co-workers, your going to get a hater. It's not right, and I'd be mad as hell, but that's the unfortunate reality right now.

PeterMJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad but true. Nice cars a loser magnet. Unfortunately it has been this way as long as I can remembers. As long as your car stands out somehow, you are a target.
+2...I don't take it anywhere I can't keep my eyes on it. Not even running into stores.....as there are too damn many losers out there..... The "one time" I parked it 'away' at WallyWorld (walmart), the local teenagers thought it would be fun to 'box it in on both sides" and spit on the windshield a few times.

Oh what went through my mind----I contemplated a little retaliation. But, I'm better than that and this would make me no different then the yahoos that boxed me in.

Growing up....from Ferraris to Yugos--I always respected people's property. (Well, there was a few Corvettes---Just KIDDING!)

Times and the country have changed......Ok, where's my daily ******....