I have an open mind but.

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Street so called "racing" taints us all.I have no problem with adults viewing naked bodies of adults.Or whatever between consenting adults.This board must not allow posts of bravado that have endangered the lives of innocent adults and children.I like racing,have done it,enjoy track days etc.in a closed course enviornment.How long will it be before board sponsers are sued,yes sued for promoting high performance parts to the VCA or the VCA also for such promotions and validations of street "racing"? Bruce

Reaction score
Personally...I have no problem with people posting about their joy rides. It is somewhat entertaining.....but in the end it is simply a tool for ANYONE out there to have some sort of proof of any given wrongdoing. I liken it (very abstract here) to robbing a convenience store and then bragging about it. Any one of us who posts about our street racing only leaves that there for a lawyer (somewhere in the future) to dig it up as evidence of a pattern. OK. kinda far-fetched....but hopefully you get what I'm trying to say. The fact that it is allowed to be posted has NOTHING to do with the fact that it is ALREADY over and done with. I have always seen it as us **** a favor those people who want to track the activities of others....and they DO it, I am sure of it. It should be pretty clear that on an official level we do not condone it...not many people do...but even some of those who profess to NOT condone it....do it.

I guess our vendors should start to worry when the car manufacturers start getting sued for selling me a Saleen S7, since there is NO reason to make/sell a car that goes that fast......heck, the Viper fits that bill, as well as some of them tiny Kia tin cans.

I guess my point is that I (personally) am not inclined to limit the flow of information, solely because I don't endorse it or I think it represents illegal activities. I do, however, agree with you in principle....but I (again, personally) am not the type to NOT do something for fear of being sued. We do NOT condone it...and if someone wants to brag, and make a PERMANENT record of it....that is their second mistake.

Once again....that was my personal opinion.

Officially....we do try to limit the release/posting of such material, as stated in posting guidline #8 (I think). The problem is that there is no way to please 100% of the people, and a gentle "middle ground" is sought.