I need a crankshaft

XLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody know where I can get a GEN 2 crankshaft? I found a block but still need a crank.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I rebuilt my engine in my 95 I needed a crank shaft. I bought one from Arrow Racing Engines. Ask to speak to Todd 248-852-5151.

Gave me one at a very reasonable price to.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More crank pics from Jon B.:

You must be registered for see images attach

He even has VIPER blocks "in stock now" :)

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More crank pics from Jon B.:

He even has VIPER blocks "in stock now" :)

Hey Chad,

I just contacted JonB and asked him if he had any GTSR blocks and cranks available of which he said NO. Do you know of anyone who may have a GTSR block and crank for sale?

Please note that I will consider a "used" GTSR block and crank because I will be building the engine up for my TT system.

Cheers
Jason

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad... Are you like available for other chores besides image posting?

I've got this pesky little...

Post her photo and I'll let you know what I'm available for.

I just contacted JonB and asked him if he had any GTSR blocks and cranks available of which he said NO. Do you know of anyone who may have a GTSR block and crank for sale?

Please note that I will consider a "used" GTSR block and crank because I will be building the engine up for my TT system.

Hey Jason, sorry, I have no clue beyond the usual suspects:

ViperPartsLarry ( Dodge Viper Parts Larry )
X2 (X2 Builders - wrecked dodge vipers for sale )
Paul Schraff (cant find his website)

Good luck on that one!

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Chad,

Cheers
Jason

did you try the source i suggested?

i know of a couple other places that have the blocks but it will cost more

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
did you try the source i suggested?

i know of a couple other places that have the blocks but it will cost more

I contacted a Viper part supplier and they want $6000 for a new GTSR block and $4000 a new GTSR crank.

Do you know of anyone who may have a used GTSR block and crank?

Cheers
Jason

Last edited:

LS6 Molester

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My turn for a stupid question. It has been over an hour now...

What makes the GTSR block and crank different?

there are a lot of little different things but the main reason is the ability to rev higher. its 2 3/4 instead of the street vipers 3"

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if JD didnt break his block i doubt anyone else is gonna...

and i think heffner had a GTSR block for sale a while ago

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anything how would you mount it in your viper. The GTS_R Block requires an engine plate and that would require some pretty extensive engine compartment mods.:omg:

I would just use your stock block and crankshaft or buy a standard 488 cid and start from there. :drive:

GTSjbud

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anything how would you mount it in your viper. The GTS_R Block requires an engine plate and that would require some pretty extensive engine compartment mods.:omg:

I would just use your stock block and crankshaft or buy a standard 488 cid and start from there. :drive:

Ah HA! I did not know that... :confused: I'll stick with the stock block :D

Cheers
Jason

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock block and stock crank aren't a bad way to go. billet cranks go for over 4k and have a loooong wait time. dealer buy price on a gen2 crank is over 2500. just under 1500 on a gen3 crank (which will work in a gen2 if modified for the crank position sensor). Todd @ Arrow will sell you a modified gen3 crank for 1500. JonB has the best deal in town on the Gen 2 cranks.

I have a spare gen2 block laying around if anyone needs it. But it is a spare just in case my block can't handle the 2k hp i'm throwing at it. so far no issues, however. so i'll part w/ it if someone needs it.

No, i'm not running GTSR anything. too much of a PITA and too expensive.

good luck!

JD

SilverSnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Stock block and stock crank aren't a bad way to go. billet cranks go for over 4k and have a loooong wait time. dealer buy price on a gen2 crank is over 2500. just under 1500 on a gen3 crank (which will work in a gen2 if modified for the crank position sensor). Todd @ Arrow will sell you a modified gen3 crank for 1500. JonB has the best deal in town on the Gen 2 cranks.

I have a spare gen2 block laying around if anyone needs it. But it is a spare just in case my block can't handle the 2k hp i'm throwing at it. so far no issues, however. so i'll part w/ it if someone needs it.

No, i'm not running GTSR anything. too much of a PITA and too expensive.

good luck!

JD

Thanks for the info JD. If one was to install the srt-10 crank from arrow in a gen 2 that would make 510 CID?:dunno: TIA.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
with stock bore and gen 3 crank, your displacement is about 505 (similar to the gen3 which has a similar crank and the same bore).

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
bot not all gen3 cranks can be put into a gen2 im told. it depends on the year and actual crank so check with your engine builder BEFORE ya buy a gen3 crank.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
General Jackson