I need insurance for my viper

classiccar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for any help in advance ,, i just bought a 2004 and few days ago my insurance company (nationwide) now informs me they do not cover vipers , I have no accidents or points , I live in philadelphia Pa , does anybody now a company that will insure thanks?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Fireman's Fund or Chubb if you intend to drive it....or, if you plan very limited usage, try one of the collector car insurers such as Grundy or Hagarty(sp?)but be aware that there are restrictions with the collector cars.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in Columbus, OH where Nationwide is headquartered. They won't cover? Too bad for them. I use State Auto (also in Columbus). We have everything though them. As far as State Auto is concerned, Viper is just another car, little more than the others but not bad. No mileage restrictions or anything, just another car to them. I store it in the winter and therefore drop the collision while stored. Rates go dirt cheap then.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
You might also check with Allstate, State Farm, Progressive to name a few more mentioned here in the past.

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You better re-check with your agent. I just spoke to my Nationwide agent and there is no such "uninsurable vehicle" list. Nationwide insures Vipers everyday. They have mine. Nationwide has all my Insurance, Real estate, autos, motorcycle, business insurance, umbrella, etc. If they ever told me "NO coverage" I would take all my policies elsewhere. Check with another nationwide rep. Good luck.

Blue Streak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mine through Grundy. I cant express enough my satisfaction with them. You set your value, unlimited miles, and the price is I would think unbeatable. you can get a free quote on their website..

www.grundy.com

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
unlimited miles
Errrr, not quite:

No Mileage Limitations

This policy authorizes unlimited hobby use of your collector vehicle in collector activities, exhibits and parades. While participating in these events, owners are free to enjoy their collector vehicle without monitoring the odometer.
This is FAR from typical weekend use insurance.

grayman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Nationwide for everything as well. They insured my 04 Viper as well. HOWEVER, it was totalled over 2 months ago and still no payout. The eternal runaround is what I have been getting. Im appalled that the claims dept treats their insured as such and can only inform otheres what they can hope to expect should the dreadful ever happen.

2000 GTS Owner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have Liberty Mutual and im only 26 and full coverage for my 2000 for a full year is $1150.00.i take it off the road for the winter leave just basic coverage on it and only costs $185.00 for 6 months.

got one

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Statefarm...I have quite a few tickets...around one per year...one accident and I pay $100 per month full coverage and only 26...not too bad. I have been with them since I was 15 though :)

Steve Miehe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mopar Steve:

Chatted with my agent earlier this year and was thinking about writing my cars with Metropolitan. They have a "do not write" list and guess what? Viper and S2000 are both on it!

v10kingsnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
gotone, you live in texas so its understandable that you pay what you do, come to my fair state of new jersey and your insurance paymnt would rival mosts viper payment monthly, if you even found a company that took you here. my company in south carolina is the best. 250 a year full coverage for almost anything with a good record. here in jersey i have 4 cars with allstate and the viper costs 750 a year full coverage 1000 deduct. not too bad for a 28 year old. but i have no tickets or points for 5 years now. and have been insured with them for that long too. it helps.

OP
OP
C

classiccar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS EVERYBODY !!!! my insurance company changed there mind when i told them i was going to cancel my policy of 2002 dodge 3500,, 2003 vette and the 6 homes i have with them ,, so they insured my 2004 viper !!!