I need to be coddled

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the snake out last night and while stopped for gas I got into a conversation with a z06 owner.
nice guy, nice car no problem. noticed all the attention the RT/10 is getting and the questions started. how fast, how many cylinders, what hp, typical stuff.

Then it gets to how much he likes the Viper but heard they were uncomfortable. I said I've made several long road trips and I have no complaints. The Viper is actually very comfortable.
"But I need to be coddled when I drive" he says. I thought he was being sarcastic - he wasn't.

At that point I realized he had no idea what the lure of a Viper is and will never understand what it means to own one.
"Enjoy your vette"- and the Snake Roared Away..........

On another note I was amazed at what a difference the air temp makes with these tires. it was cool here last night for SWFL (low forties) and I noticed that my ps2s were a lot slicker than normal even after a 50 mile cruise. nothing beats a late night, ******* cruise through the everglades and big cypress in your Viper.

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Totally agree...I think the vipers are extremely comfortable. However, I have the Moton's and really never been on a long road trip with the stock suspension.

The ride with the Motons on the softest setting are freaking amazing. I owned a C5 Z06 before getting my Gen II Viper, and I have never looked back.

brentsGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I keep telling people there's no going back after driving a viper.....

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Can I just say I hate you for being able to drive your Viper right now!

18 degrees, snow/ice/salt on the roads, and the Viper in deep hibernation here in Iowa. Be safe on those cold roads/tires.

MtnBiker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a '09 Z06. I think my Viper's seats are more comfortable and so does my wife! What else matters! I am NEVER going back! I've been bitten!

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Noticed the same lack of traction in mine last night--lows about 48 degrees. We must remember to be very careful because we are so used to hot temps--Dave

Sybil TF

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally agree...I think the vipers are extremely comfortable. However, I have the Moton's and really never been on a long road trip with the stock suspension.

The ride with the Motons on the softest setting are freaking amazing.

I have JRZ's which are about the same I think!! So what is is like riding on a stock Viper suspension?:rolaugh:

Corvettes are for wimps!

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things happen when it gets colder. The engine makes more power, and the tires get less traction. That is what makes it ever so exciting to throttle up on a cold winter day.

Enjoy the ride.

AJ02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I traded a C5 6 speed coupe for my GTS and have never looked back!!!! More comfortable, quieter and indescribable amounts more fun! I know what you mean about temps. 35-40 here and lots of fun leaving stoplights!! :omg: I've even had an Aston Martin owner gawking at and asking me questions about my car. Super feeling!

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MACH4444, I to live in naples.. We should get together for a little Viper Run..
Coming from Michigan, I know all too well what happens when the temperature drops below 45.. These PS 2's feel like your driving on Hockey Pucks..

Zee

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey MACH4444, I to live in naples.. We should get together for a little Viper Run..
Coming from Michigan, I know all too well what happens when the temperature drops below 45.. These PS 2's feel like your driving on Hockey Pucks..

Anyone else running super sports? I don't feel any loss of traction with mine even in 40 degree weather...

scottmcc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The other factor you need to check on your tires is the Date Code. Older tires will get you in trouble quickly.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If he needs to ask how fast, how many cylinders, what hp..... I would have just written him off. Vettes are nice awesome machines, just too many of them on the road. I'd feel the same about the Viper if they were everywhere.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seats in my 2001 Viper are great, made a 2000 mile road trip after buying it with no issues.

That being said ... the seats in my 1990 ZR-1 Vette are even more comfortable , its like sitting in the palm of a cupped hand ---

GTS Warp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on the PS2's in the cold and no I haven't touched my '81 Vette since the purchase of the Snake :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang