I picked my VIPER up today

LIRacer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took delivery of a bone stock silver 1999 GTS today. Very sweet. But the sound! YUK! I have a 1972 LT-1 Vette with ****** pipes ... now there is a car that let you know when you have arrived! But the Viper sound reminds me of a 1960s Jaguar XKE 6 cylinder ... of course when I punched it that comaprison went right out the window along with my stomach.

1. Can a clear bra be applied anytime or just after the car is painted?
2. WHere can I buy an owner's manual?
3. Where can I buy a shop manual and a assembly manual? I like to do my own work.
4. The AC blows out of a vent in fron of both seats. Is there supposed to be some type of directional adjustment ... my balls are getting blue.
5. Has anyone installed a CD changer? Where did you mount it?

Bruce

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats to you and welcome!

1. No idea
2. Ebay, there are always manuals running around
3. Ebay again. Picked up a full set of service manuals for under $100.
4. Yes that is the locale for the AC vents. I have heard of guys inserting a folded index card to redirect the air northward. Haven't done it myself, but I think it helps. AC is an afterthought on these cars.
5. Yes, Sony 12 disc changer is a direct connect and works off of the factory controls. It sits in the trunk on my RT. About the size of a ladies shoe box. I'm guessing you will have plenty of room in the GTS.

Again, congrats and welcome! Drive safe.

Jody

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I took delivery of a bone stock silver 1999 GTS today. Very sweet. But the sound! YUK! I have a 1972 LT-1 Vette with ****** pipes ... now there is a car that let you know when you have arrived! But the Viper sound reminds me of a 1960s Jaguar XKE 6 cylinder ... of course when I punched it that comaprison went right out the window along with my stomach.

3. Where can I buy a shop manual and a assembly manual? I like to do my own work.
4. The AC blows out of a vent in fron of both seats. Is there supposed to be some type of directional adjustment ... my balls are getting blue.

Bruce

1. It can be applied at ay time. However, take your time prepping the paint to make it worth your while- they are CLEAR, things will show through.

2. Dodge

3. While at Dodge for the owners manual, ask them if they can get you the maintanence manual. Some will, some wont. If they wont, call 1-800-673-2838.

4. no adjustment... you will learn to appreciate the "Ball Cooler" later this summer.

5. No Idea.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE] Bruce

4. no adjustment... you will learn to appreciate the "Ball Cooler" later this summer.

[/QUOTE]

...isn't that the truth. :headbang:

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bruce

1. Yes that is anytime

2. Dodge or eBay. TRY EBAY FIRST, it will save you money if they have one listed.

3. Not sure

4. Nothing you can do.

5. CD changer, good luck. We have been having problems with this one for ages. The only known was is to change the head unit and then add the CD changer. :2tu:

Congrats on the car. :D

Stiffler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome. Put a Belanger Cat Back and some Random Tech High Flow Cats on your car. It'll sound great and announce it's presence! The Belanger system is made of Aluminized Steel and has a great deep rumble to it.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my cd changer installed very easily as it runs through the radio, you just tune it to a station and go to that station when you want to use the changer.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey bruce..meet us sunday morning at 815 on Deer park avenue 231 in the carvel parking lot. take lie to 51s. 2 miles carvel on right.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96