I pulled the trigger!

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
After a ton of looking and continually asking questions here I pulled the trigger and brought home a 2004! Thanks to all of you that have responded and thanks to Ron the VCA member that sold me his very well taken care of car! The biggest thanks goes to my wife for saying while at the Mopar Nationals and contemplating what we could sell to buy a Viper - Screw it Let's just buy one! (or something to that effect)

Now for the first modification question - the car has the Mopar track exhaust on it and while it sounds cool it is just a little too loud - Suggestions?? I have read that some of the members have had good luck with Gen IV mufflers.

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a ton of looking and continually asking questions here I pulled the trigger and brought home a 2004! Thanks to all of you that have responded and thanks to Ron the VCA member that sold me his very well taken care of car! The biggest thanks goes to my wife for saying while at the Mopar Nationals and contemplating what we could sell to buy a Viper - Screw it Let's just buy one! (or something to that effect)

Now for the first modification question - the car has the Mopar track exhaust on it and while it sounds cool it is just a little too loud - Suggestions?? I have read that some of the members have had good luck with Gen IV mufflers.

Congrats on the new Viper and the great wife! Enjoy and be safe . :2tu:

06blueviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Gen IV exhaust is perfect, in my opinion. I tried the Borla exhaust once, which is actually the same as the Mopar and it was too loud for me on my '06. Plus, there was some drone. The Gen IV exhaust is just right (deep rumble like a Viper should sound, but not too loud and no drone). Enjoy!

OP
OP
S

stew4706

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks! I upgraded my membership over the weekend and here is a pic:

Viper36.JPG

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! I upgraded my membership over the weekend and here is a pic:

Viper36.JPG

Great picture, great car! When you have a moment, shoot your VIN number to me in a PM and I'll get your title updated to "Viper Owner" until you get your VCA number and we can upgrade your account to "VCA Member".

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Our cars are twins, right down to the 5-spokes, except mine is an 03. I also have the Mopar Race exhaust, and I love it. I drove a 200 mile round trip yesterday, top up on the way out, and top down back. It's music!

Congrats, and be careful with those 510 horses until you get used to it!

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome and enjoy. I have the track exhaust as well. The only problem I have is at idle it sounds like an old truck. Once you get the rpms up it's fine except maube a bit loud.

To the people suggesting the gen IV exhaust, does it have the crossover like the gen3? Where can someone buy a gen 4 take off and what do they usually run?

Thanks

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I pulled the trigger!

Looks like you hit the Bullseye! Congrats on your new Snake. By the way the Gen IV mufflers sound good & flow well from a performance stand point:usa:

Toddy G.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats & Welcome!

Enjoy your ride, take in a couple of HDPE's with your local club and hopefully your wife will enjoy driving it too! We need more women around here :eater:

Exhaust is always a personal preference, but I liked Corsa Track :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang